Loader La344 loader

/ La344 loader #1  

Wvanatti

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305 (2010)
I have a BX 2380 30 hours on it. Got it after my Dad passed.
I ordered a LA344 loader. Delivered on a pallet. Installed myself. It took a little work to get the right side to lock in. Took it off, set in barn for a year. Put it on yesterday. Right arm never would lock. Finally pry’ed it with a screwdriver to get it to lock. Bucket has never been used.
Thinking back on installing the arms to frame, I tightened everything up an torqued per instructions. Now that the bucket is locked on, thinking of loosing the bolts. Then re torque. Maybe just not aligned correctly.
I’m use to my JD2305 bucket.
Anyone else had a similar issue or a remedy ? Thanks for any advise. Bill

/ La344 loader #2  
Well, kind of. We have a BX2200 bought nearly new back 20 years ago. The LA211 loader has always been "sprung" it seemed to me. I assumed the prior owner (who was worse than ignorant of tractors or mechanisms...) probably found a way to bend the loader frame. Over the years I found that when installing the loader back onto the fixed frame (frame staying on the tractor of course) I can put a 2x4 under the far right corner of the bucket on a nice flat concrete floor and lower the loader using the (already hooked up) hydraulics. In effect I am applying torsion and "spindling" or twisting the loader frame. Playing with that configuration a little I can get the pins to line up and finish attaching the loader. It is entirely possible it was not bent but has always been that way.
I do not see where mine would change angle enough to matter if all the bolts were loose. Worth a try I guess. Is 'getting the pins in' what you are calling 'locked?'

/ La344 loader
Thanks for the reply. My LA344 loader doesn’t have a pin. I’ve seen that on YouTube. On this one, once it’s down in the bottom cradle, there is a lever you move down to locked position. Left goes easy. Right is close but won’t go. I disconnected and pulled in 5 times an tried. Watched several videos. It just won’t lock. Tried a board under each side of stand to try- no difference. When I say pry with a screwdriver. It’s a 18” big screwdriver. And 30-50LBS of force. Been easiest if I would have grabbed my 3’ crow bar. Once on, everything looks straight. Nothing looks bent. Was nicely shipped on pallet.
This attempt to put on -is on a level concrete floor.

Last edited:
   / La344 loader #4  
Once it is mounted and locked, is the left locking lever still relatively loose (or at least you can unload the FEL to where it is easy to move) while the right one is tight? Can you move the loader position in any way where the right one gets loose? No amount of chocks under the bucket get it to where the right side is loose?

If not I guess it is worth a try to loosen all the frame mounting bolts and while they are loose repeat to see if you can find a spot that relieves the right lever stress. If you do of course tighten all the bolts. I'm doubtful but it can't hurt to try.

/ La344 loader
Thanks again for advise. Once locked in. Both locking levers are tight, can’t be moved out of notch to unlock. Bucket seems to function correctly. Still haven’t used the bucket. Still has perfect paint :0
I’m off Thursday. I’ll play more with it then. Maybe post a video if I don’t have any luck.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / La344 loader
Just realized my last post wasn’t clear. Now that it is locked in. Levers are tight an won’t unlock. Once bucket lifts front tires off, both unlock. But, to then re-lock. Left easy, right side has to be pried back down to lock. Even though the bracket really hasn’t moved, just pressure off. Very odd.

/ La344 loader #7  
Just realized my last post wasn’t clear. Now that it is locked in. Levers are tight an won’t unlock. Once bucket lifts front tires off, both unlock. But, to then re-lock. Left easy, right side has to be pried back down to lock. Even though the bracket really hasn’t moved, just pressure off. Very odd.
Yeah, really! With that clarification it is VERY odd. Of course I'm still interested to hear what you find when you loosen the loader frame bolts.

/ La344 loader
I’ll certainly post back Thursday after I try it. Doing searches, it appears this is a common issue. Most state level bucket is key. I’m pretty mechanical, I’ve measure arms, pivot points etc with the loader off. All equal. We shall see.

/ La344 loader
IMG_5367.JPG

Made a descent video, won’t let me attach. This is the lever that won’t lock in. ( pic of left side). Right side is the one that won’t lock with out force from pry bar.

/ La344 loader #10  
Oh Geez. That is much newer hardware than mine. I have no experience with that at all. Just curious, I see 2 levers each with a black handle tip. Which one is it that won't lock for you? [I realize your photo is left side hardware. Mirror image of the other side no doubt.]