Loader La344 loader

/ La344 loader
The bottom Left is lever is the one that locks. Top right is once locked. Lift bucket, roll an stow kick stand. Right side only has on lever for lock.

/ La344 loader #12  
The bottom Left is lever is the one that locks. Top right is once locked. Lift bucket, roll an stow kick stand. Right side only has on lever for lock.
I'm sorry but I am not following you -- "Top right is once locked." What does that mean? Maybe a typo?

/ La344 loader
I'm sorry but I am not following you -- "Top right is once locked." What does that mean? Maybe a typo?

/ La344 loader
I’m the worst at multi task…
On the left side of loader arm, there are two levers. Bottom is for locking on. Top is for stowing kick stand.
On the right side of loader arm, only one lever. -Just for licking on. Right side is the one I’m having issue with.

/ La344 loader #15  
You know... I was just thinking about things that involve fits this morning. About things that are generally made in the same class as your loader fit up. In my working life as an engineer I designed more things that worked than didn't... but not everything worked right. Some of it wasn't a good design, and somewhat more were simply not built to specs.

One, don't ever tighten everything down until the installation is complete and working. Then you can go around and torque it. That goes for pretty much anything that needs fitting. And it might even work.

Two, don't expect everything to just immediately work with hand pressure. That's unrealistic these days. Especially so for anything built with formed and welded metal. We used to shape and weld metal in house using jigs. That gave us control over forming stresses. Today metal subassemblies are made all over the world and then shipped to a final weld and assembly point. The tolerances & errors cannot help but stack up.

Three, you do have a workable solution. You could consider mounting an 18" prybar somewhere handy and call it done. Or make it into a project and reshape that mount. But I agree: loosen and re-torque first.

rScotty

/ La344 loader
You know... I was just thinking about things that involve fits this morning. About things that are generally made in the same class as your loader fit up. In my working life as an engineer I designed more things that worked than didn't... but not everything worked right. Some of it wasn't a good design, and somewhat more were simply not built to specs.

One, don't ever tighten everything down until the installation is complete and working. Then you can go around and torque it. That goes for pretty much anything that needs fitting. And it might even work.

Two, don't expect everything to just immediately work with hand pressure. That's unrealistic these days. Especially so for anything built with formed and welded metal. We used to shape and weld metal in house using jigs. That gave us control over forming stresses. Today metal subassemblies are made all over the world and then shipped to a final weld and assembly point. The tolerances & errors cannot help but stack up.

Three, you do have a workable solution. You could consider mounting an 18" prybar somewhere handy and call it done. Or make it into a project and reshape that mount. But I agree: loosen and re-torque first.

rScotty

Thanks for the reply. While I’m certainly not an engineer, just a back yard mechanic. I always loosely assemble things to ensure bolts align before tighten. I’m this case, I didn’t - so, why I was thinking the same thing. I’m thinking while welding in he jig, metal was allowed to cool after taking out. Maybe sprung a bit. It’s so incredibly close. My Dad had purchased this unit without the loader. It was cheapest to have delivered on a pallet an I assemble an put on. What could go wrong. It’s on my to do list today. I’ll reply when done.

/ La344 loader
Update***

I have the bucket locked in. Bucket level on concrete floor. Loosened all the bolts on bracket to frame. Left side immediately dropped 1/8-1/4 inch. Once all loose. Took my dead blow mallet an hit a few times on the top ( both sides). Retighten, torqued.

Took bucket off 3 times, backed away an put back on. Both sides locked in easy. So I’m saying that was it. 🤞. From what I can tell. Anyone ever has this issue, worth the time to give it a try.

Thanks to all for the input an moral support. Bill

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / La344 loader #18  
Update***

I have the bucket locked in. Bucket level on concrete floor. Loosened all the bolts on bracket to frame. Left side immediately dropped 1/8-1/4 inch. Once all loose. Took my dead blow mallet an hit a few times on the top ( both sides). Retighten, torqued.

Took bucket off 3 times, backed away an put back on. Both sides locked in easy. So I’m saying that was it. 🤞. From what I can tell. Anyone ever has this issue, worth the time to give it a try.

Thanks to all for the input an moral support. Bill
Great news. Good to hear it is taken care of.