Lack of Snow......it's my fault.....

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #21  
I didn't get snow in Montana ( jinxed you all preparing early), but we got one **** of a windstorm storm that made me be able to use the tractor for slash pile cleanup after multiple destructions of houses and vehicles on the homestead we live on with wife's family.
139641423_10157810791640983_7839079315190400673_n.jpg
138805949_10157805282960983_7805578518471511059_n.jpg

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #23  
So, to you guys 20” of snow is a “really low” snow year? If we got 20” of snow, half the population would be paralyzed for months!

+++
Low snow fall so far this year here also.. Kind of worrisome as how will next summer be.. When we do get a snow dump we can get half a meter overnight.. Here in the bush we are equipped to deal with it.. And having ne set schedule to keep makes that easier..

Even this far north there are those in town that when there is a snow dump will call 911 to say they are out of bread, milk, diapers... Our thoughts are, figure it out, or go back to Vancouver ...spit... where it doesn't snow over an inch.. Even there they make the same 911 calls..

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #24  
Hello Wyobuckaroo,

AH yes, no snow tires, no worries, you don't need them here.

The tow truck operators love having people emptying their
wallets down here as they cannot understand why they are in the ditch.

These folks have not had to deal with heavy weather conditions,
nor do they understand what is required to live in snow country.

Have you had any recent reports or videos of the local sasquatches??

Leon

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #25  
I didn't get snow in Montana ( jinxed you all preparing early), but we got one **** of a windstorm storm that made me be able to use the tractor for slash pile cleanup after multiple destructions of houses and vehicles on the homestead we live on with wife's family.
View attachment 684033
View attachment 684034

OUCH that hurts; I bet your insurance company is going to tell you to cut down the rest of those trees or have
your homeowners insurance cancelled.

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #26  
OUCH that hurts; I bet your insurance company is going to tell you to cut down the rest of those trees or have
your homeowners insurance cancelled.

Here is a droneshot from the destruction just as we started cleanup.

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #27  
It has been a sad winter in New Brunswick, Canada as well. geographically, we share a long border with the state of Maine. I think we have received about a foot of snow when our average for November to early January is about 4'. We have received some good size rain storms that would have/should have been snow storms.
The NB economy depends on lots of snow - snowplow operators, ski hills, sales of snowblowers and snowmobiles, etc.
My weatherman friend reminds me that our highest coverage is in March so there is lots of time to catch up.
I must confess that I purchased some chains and they are still sitting in a plastic tub in the garage. I did set a pallet of firewood on my trailer to take to town where we burn wood so there is some winter activity. Skating on the river is great with no snow cover.PXL_20210120_152638934.jpg

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #28  
TYMN....lots of dead trees in there. Is that from the Pine Beetle like in Colorado?

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #29  
I just took these. :thumbsup:

Yep, apparently a tractor and snowmobile will only deter the snow gods so much.

But if anybody wants me to shut down the upper midwest snow machine again, I just need ~$420 for the Altai Hok skis I've been eyeing. :D

/ Lack of Snow......it's my fault..... #30  
And I thought this was my fault for putting new tires on my little walk behind blower this fall.

We've got only a small dusting of snow on the ground now, not even enough to cover the grass.

And it's been crazy warm this winter so far. I don't think it's even hit -10 for a LOW this winter so far.

We're also in for a bad summer if we don't start getting some snow on the ground. Brush fire season is going to be disastrous.