Lambs Wool Seat

/ Lambs Wool Seat #1  

OzGrasshopper

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3120
Hi All, i don't know about winter in northern hemisphere, but here in Oz, one of the best all year round seat covers is a wool cover - very comfortable, easy to maintain with a quick wash.....junior tractor driver in the making

Attachments

• 080.JPG
    080.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 222
   / Lambs Wool Seat #2  
Great looking driver....and nice seat, could have used here today snowblowing during a blizzard:laughing:

/ Lambs Wool Seat #3  
I bought one for the seat of my Alfa Romeo. I had to go on a trip for a few days and when I got home I looked for it, asked the wife, her answer, I thought it was for the dogs bed.

And there it stayed.

/ Lambs Wool Seat #4  
All the seating surfaces in my airplanes have lambs wool for the center section. It is just as great in the summer as it is in the winter. Will have to try it on the tractor.

/ Lambs Wool Seat #5  
G'day OzG.. Some of us where -unlike WA- it gets cold, appreciate a warm bum. Like TH and p-w, I've used them for years. Mine came from my BMW 2002 back in the 70's .. and I stole it from the dog to modify it to use on my NTM 1070. Cheers. Jim

JD_snow2.JPG

/ Lambs Wool Seat #6  
Think 'twould be better than the towel I use on the seat in the summer and be warmer in the winter.

Ralph

/ Lambs Wool Seat #7  
Ralph: For Sure. It's like nature's Polar Fleece; an air cushion to keep you off the vinyl ..naturally water-resistant, etc. It's an odd concept to grasp, but that 'warm in winter/cool in summer' is mostly true. In summer I would still prefer those old wire/rattan seat covers that leave some air between you and the seat - but I think they are history.

Jim

/ Lambs Wool Seat #8  
I had one on my Honda Aspencade (Goldwing) motorcycle. Of course mine was of the most value during the summers.

/ Lambs Wool Seat #9  
I had lamb's wool seat covers in a Fiat I owned years ago. I must admit, they were outrageously comfy. I'm not sure why I never bought them again???

Joe

/ Lambs Wool Seat #10  
As Bird said, they're great in the summer, stops 'monkey butt'.....Mike