Land Clearing

/ Land Clearing #1  

MarkV

Tractor
1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39
I know many of the forum members are in differnt stages of clearing areas they want to develope. I ran across an ad for a tree shear and brush clearing attachment, for a FEL, that I thought might be of interest.

Check out this web site WWW.TREETERMINATOR.COM (I don't know how to make a link, maybe someone will do it for me)

MarkV

/ Land Clearing
Thanks DFB. Some day I'll get the hang of this stuff./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

MarkV

/ Land Clearing #4  
Mark, click on the words "markup in your post" at the top of the reply page to see how its done. You can test it when you click continue. Easy/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Land Clearing #5  
The tree terminator folks run a continuous ad in our Texas Electric Co-op magazine.

Bird

/ Land Clearing #6  
What's the chance of a tree falling on you using this?

/ Land Clearing
Bird,

Found the ad in our electric co-op magazine, also. Looked interesting and was hoping someone had seen one.

MarkV

/ Land Clearing #8  
DFB, I, too, have wondered about the possibility of the tree falling on you.

And Mark, I've never seen one; just the ad in the magazine and hadn't bothered checking into it since I think you'd need a little more tractor than my B2710.

Bird

/ Land Clearing #9  
I didn't see anything about HP requirements, but one of the units appear to be on the front of a Bobcat. I noticed most of the tractors have some type of guard, so my guess is that the chance of a tree falling on you are pretty good.
I would love to see how that puller would work on a mesquite tree.

Ernie
"Do not be uneasy about me, I am among friends"
David Crockett 1836 (in a letter to his family)

/ Land Clearing #10  
Does anybody have a clue about the cost of these things. I'd be interested in the smallest one or possibly the tree puller since I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of live oak saplings to get rid of. My guess is that they are very expensive.

Thanks,

Larry...