Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway

/ Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway #11  
Exactly as kcflhrc has said. My large tractor and very heavy rear blade still is a lot of trouble creating a looooong & smooth cut. Its all due to the tractors short wheel base and the short distance between the tractor and the cutting edge of the rear blade. The tractor goes UP over a bump and the rear blade drops down and DIGGS. The tractor front wheels drop into a pot hole and the rear blade dumps its entire load in one spot.

I will use my rear blade to "skerf up gravel" - then reverse the blade to smooth everything out. If I have a long area to work on(my driveway is a mile long) I will change over to my LPGS or if I have to move material - the the roll over box blade.

The really unfortunate fact is - there really isn't one totally great implement for all maintenance of my driveway. I have and use - rear blade, roll over box blade, land plane grading scraper and the bucket on my FEL.

IMHO - if you are looking for the most "universal" implement, one that can be used in the most various type applications - my vote would be for a heavy rear blade. By far, its not the easiest implement to learn to use successfully but you will be able to use it for many tasks. The LPGS is probably the easiest to learn but its limited in its use for alternate tasks.

/ Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway
Great photos Thnak you

/ Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway
Great INFO all, so it looks like weight will be my friend with this unit. After watching dozens of videos, this sure seems like a must have attachment is you have a greavel drive/road. I've done it with a box blade but always ended up with rip rap on teh road from tractor bouncing around.
I just got off the phone with the manufacturer I don't think I can post here but the price for a custom made "HEAVY" unit with hyrailic adjustments was nearly 1/2 of the nearly dozen manufacturers I priced out including shipping which stunned me.
As soon as I get her hooked up I'll send along some video or pics.
Can't thank you all enough.

/ Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway #14  
Great INFO all, so it looks like weight will be my friend with this unit. After watching dozens of videos, this sure seems like a must have attachment is you have a greavel drive/road. I've done it with a box blade but always ended up with rip rap on teh road from tractor bouncing around.
I just got off the phone with the manufacturer I don't think I can post here but the price for a custom made "HEAVY" unit with hyrailic adjustments was nearly 1/2 of the nearly dozen manufacturers I priced out including shipping which stunned me.
As soon as I get her hooked up I'll send along some video or pics.
Can't thank you all enough.

I am looking at a leveler as well. Would love to see what you came back with and its price etc.

/ Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway #15  
Give you an idea what my driveway implements cost here in North Eastern WA.

Land Pride LPGS GS2584, 800#, $2000 - - Rhino 950 rear blade, 1000#, $3950 - Bush Hog RO720 roll over box blade, 710#, $2175

None of these implements has any hydraulics - LPGS & ROBB could have hydraulic scarifiers & rear blade could have tilt, angle & offset hydraulics.

/ Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway #16  
Give you an idea what my driveway implements cost here in North Eastern WA.

Land Pride LPGS GS2584, 800#, $2000 - - Rhino 950 rear blade, 1000#, $3950 - Bush Hog RO720 roll over box blade, 710#, $2175

None of these implements has any hydraulics - LPGS & ROBB could have hydraulic scarifiers & rear blade could have tilt, angle & offset hydraulics.

Thanks for the prices and models! I have a rear blade that gets the job done but i have a hard time dealing with the rolling or ups and downs that occur over time. Thats why i was hoping to look at a leveler.

/ Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway #17  
received_10210016712154174.jpeg

I use a Woods 72 inch and does wonders with 1300 feet of gravel drive. Weighs about 655 lbs. No scarifiers.

/ Land Graders / Levelers / Driveway #18  
I graded my shop drive today with my new Bush Hog 72” works like a dream compared to my back blade.

IMG_0695.JPG