Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn???

/ Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #21  
Hi, I am in the exact same situation here in Ireland except I picked up a small B6000 Kubota with front loader without understanding the limits to the ccw pto and different spindles. Would you recommend a land leveler and does anyone have a suggested drawing plan to fit this small Kubota? 4' would prob be plenty for the 14 HP!
Sorry for hijacking the thread just the exact same problem!
Thanks guys

Here are pictures of a 48" land plane grader scraper I built for my garden tractor.

Attachments

• Butch W  new lawn work 004.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 004.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 1,864
  • Butch W  new lawn work 002.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 002.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 1,310
  • Butch W  new lawn work 003.jpg
    Butch W new lawn work 003.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 1,632
   / Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #23  
VERY nice work, you should go in business making them. Looks great.

/ Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #24  
Thanks guys,
I suspect this size is ideal for most subcuts. The skids are 5' long so it can get similar results to a much larger lpgs. This is an easy build if you have some welding equipment. Cost $200 for a good 8' grader blade and the rest of the material was purchased out of scrap piles for about $70. Total materials were $300. My labor is cheap.

Have used it a few times smoothing the sides of old borders (terrace rows) behind my 4520. Did an excellent job with that too.

/ Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #25  
I have a Land Pride GS2584 that weighs 800 pounds. I tried exactly what you want to do on a 4 or 5 acre field of grass. Even as heavy as the land plane grading scraper is - it just bounced along behind the tractor digging up chunks of sod here and there. I even tried the LPGS with the scarifiers down but it still didn't do a really good job. The field has never been plowed and the sod was just too thick and heavy. Since I don't have a Harley rake or tiller - I then hit it with my moldboard plow, followed by my disk harrow. Let the area dry out some - THEN used the LPGS and it worked like a champ. Level & smooth carpet of green.

Only down side - it looks so nice now I don't drive my big 'ol heavy tractor with its R1 tires across it anymore. It sure makes it a lot nicer to mow with my riding mower.

/ Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #26  
I have a Land Pride GS2584 that weighs 800 pounds. I tried exactly what you want to do on a 4 or 5 acre field of grass. Even as heavy as the land plane grading scraper is - it just bounced along behind the tractor digging up chunks of sod here and there. I even tried the LPGS with the scarifiers down but it still didn't do a really good job. The field has never been plowed and the sod was just too thick and heavy. Since I don't have a Harley rake or tiller - I then hit it with my moldboard plow, followed by my disk harrow. Let the area dry out some - THEN used the LPGS and it worked like a champ. Level & smooth carpet of green.
I need to do this same thing. I tried with the rippers on boxblade and I had poor results like you. How well do you think your method would work with just a disc and no plow. I don't have neither one of these.

/ Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #27  
Nice very tidy job thanks!

Did a little research on your B6000 and would suggest a land plane with 3' blades instead of 4'. My garden tractor has all it wants and it is 4x4 and 50% heavier.

/ Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #28  
Thanks. I was going to make it out of 2 lengths of light rail ( mix of cast iron and steel) and angle iron similiar to your design. Do you reckon that would be too heavy or just stick with the angle iron? Thanks

/ Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #29  
Thanks. I was going to make it out of 2 lengths of light rail ( mix of cast iron and steel) and angle iron similiar to your design. Do you reckon that would be too heavy or just stick with the angle iron? Thanks

Well mine weighs 410 lbs. as shown above and that works good. I can't find specs on the B6000 3 pt hitch lift capacity. Need more info on your tractor, what does it weigh with the fel? Is it 4x4 and what tires?

/ Land Plane / Land Leveler to smooth out lawn??? #30  
Well I guess I was cheap when I had to level part of my pasture. Lots of small holes, clump grass, etc. I got a load of top soil delivered and placed small piles around where I needed the material.

I then went an got a straight 12' 4x4 and U-bolted it to the bottom of my box blade. I used the two outboard teeth and ran the long U- bolts around them to hold the 4x4 in place against the bottom. I then lowered into float and ran around the yard working the piles into the divots and ruts. I used a crossing and diagonal pattern. The last thing I did was drag harrow everything, seed, and drag harrow again. Next time I will get a 4x6 from more weight and taller face.

Worked well and I was able to use the 4x4 for a project later.

PS - remember to take the 12' board off before driving out through the 10' gate :shocked::cool2::laughing: