Land Plane,...Mfg?

/ Land Plane,...Mfg? #21  
Pasture roads and leveling pastures may not need something like a "road grader" like the other responders are talking about. Those do a great job on conditioning, leveling, and surfacing gravel roads, drives, etc. and can produce a nice crown. That doesn't sound like what is being considered in your case.

You would be surprised at how well a simple box blade works for doing the kind of tasks you describe. With it just very slightly tilted back it will pick up any high spots and deposit them in the low ones while the rear blade does the smoothing. Going over the area several times improves the results each pass. A plowed or disced field will turn out acceptably level for mowing the next spring.

Plus, with your 2WD tractor the box blade used in that way does not accumulate as much dirt to act as an "anchor" and cause wheel spin.

That is what I did before getting the land leveler in the photo. It is really just a box blade with a roller on the back.

Last edited:
   / Land Plane,...Mfg? #22  
Pasture roads and leveling pastures may not need something like a "road grader" like the other responders are talking about. Those do a great job on conditioning, leveling, and surfacing gravel roads, drives, etc. and can produce a nice crown. That doesn't sound like what is being considered in your case.

You would be surprised at how well a simple box blade works for doing the kind of tasks you describe. With it just very slightly tilted back it will pick up any high spots and deposit them in the low ones while the rear blade does the smoothing. Going over the area several times improves the results each pass. A plowed or disced field will turn out acceptably level for mowing the next spring.

Plus, with your 2WD tractor the box blade used in that way does not accumulate as much dirt to act as an "anchor" and cause wheel spin.

That is what I did before getting the land leveler in the photo. It is really just a box blade with a roller on the back.

Hi GW,

I forgot to mention that I'm jealous of the deal you made on that grader/roler of your's- I love legal theft, and the lack of having been "professionally" manufactured doesn't worry me at all.

Would you mind posting some more pictures from other angles so we can see how the roller and what looks like a scraper for the roller are attached, and any other angles and details you might be willing to?

That thing looks like a great piece of work and maybe someday I might be able to develop enough skill to clone it.

Thanks in advance, and again :drool: congrats on stealing that grader/roller.

Thomas

/ Land Plane,...Mfg? #23  
Will do over the next few days. Pheasant season opens tomorrow - I hope to be very busy.

/ Land Plane,...Mfg? #25  
saltbranch, if you are close enough to drive to Madill, OK, you may want to take a look J & I Manufacturing's 3pt maintainers. 5' - 9' $780 - $1330

I drove down there and got a 5' earlier this year.

J and I Manufacturing - Steel and Supplies

/ Land Plane,...Mfg? #26  
Hi GW,

I forgot to mention that I'm jealous of the deal you made on that grader/roler of your's- I love legal theft, and the lack of having been "professionally" manufactured doesn't worry me at all.

Would you mind posting some more pictures from other angles so we can see how the roller and what looks like a scraper for the roller are attached, and any other angles and details you might be willing to?

That thing looks like a great piece of work and maybe someday I might be able to develop enough skill to clone it.

Thanks in advance, and again :drool: congrats on stealing that grader/roller.

Thomas

Will do over the next few days. Pheasant season opens tomorrow - I hope to be very busy.

Had some good fortune pheasant hunting this morning. 30 minutes of fun.

Anyway, rather than continue to hijack this thread a new thread was started on the land leveler. Go to:

Land Leveler

View attachment 288259