Land Plane

/ Land Plane #11  
I have this attachment and use it often to maintain drives and parking lots. I find that a slight turn left or right and lifting the plane at the point I am going to drag next works very well. On my unit if I make the top link shorter that makes the front blade cut deeper. Making the top link longer raises the front blade and just lets the rear blade level everything out. I start with the plane level and get the material loosened up. The more you work the lot the better it will get. Cut down all the high spots and fill in the low spots. I typically extend the top link two or three turns when finalizing just to keep the front blade from digging in. Once you get used to it you will be amazed at how easy it is. The 33 hp might bog down a bit with a big load on a 6 footer. Put some weight in the FEL and run in 4wd.

/ Land Plane #12  
I tow my grader (land Plane) with a TC40D and at times if I fill the box too much with gravel I can slow the tractor to a stop. The wheels will still turn but I'm not going anywhere. I grade our gravel subdivision road and it's about 1/4 mile long. Your TC 33 will have less pulling traction then mine so you may have to feather the 3 pt up and down a bit to help clear the box if you get too much product. Another method is as stated above lengthen the toplink to lift the cutting blade so it is not as aggressive. If the parking lot is particularly hard packed the plane may have a tendency to just clatter around and not cut in. If that is the case then waiting for a good rain will help. When I get to the end of my road I just turn toward my next pass, stop and lift the plane, leaving a spoil pile, then I reposition and drive thru the pile and continue on my way. I don't worry about feathering each time and only do it at the very end. Be patient, the longer you work it the better it will turn out. These planes do a remarkable job smoothing gravel.

/ Land Plane
Thanks. Going to get started in a bit.

/ Land Plane #14  
To upload photos you have to click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the quick reply text box. A new text box will appear.

Scroll down under the box to "Manage Attachments" and click on that box. A new window will appear.

On the right top of the new window click on "Add Files". Hopefully, you will have put the photos in an easy place to find on your computer. Find the photo file and click on it.

If you want multiple photos just hold down "Control" key on your keyboard while clicking the photos. Then then click "Open" at the bottom of the page.

If you need more help just ask.

/ Land Plane
Well here is an attempt to add pix. This worked out very well and the lots looked great when I got through.

Attachments

• htc 127.jpg
    htc 127.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 241
  • htc 131.jpg
    htc 131.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 184
  • htc 134.jpg
    htc 134.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 178
  • htc 136.jpg
    htc 136.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 170
   / Land Plane #16  
Mission accomplished. The lots do look well done.

A before photo might have made it even more remarkable.

/ Land Plane
The two with the water tower are before. There were lots of ruts that didn't show up well. Lots of bare spots, too. The two middle ones are afterwards....same area, just a different angle. The angle on the after shots was really to show the difference in the bare spots and actually was taken further up the hill, right down the middle of those bare spots. It took me a little while to get the hang of what to do at the end of the rows, but with a little patience, I felt like a "pro" by the end of the day. To start with, I was leaving a mound of gravel at the end that I was going over to smooth out. But with a little practice on feathering and making the sharp turn as described above, I got the hang of it. We haven't had any rain in a while and the dust on me and the tractor was about an inch thick, but this was a fun and productive day.

/ Land Plane #18  
Looks great. Hope you didn't have too much fun and disguised it well, so when people ask, you can say it was quite a chore. Now expect the requests for additional grading jobs.

/ Land Plane #19  
Looks great. Hope you didn't have too much fun and disguised it well, so when people ask, you can say it was quite a chore. Now expect the requests for additional grading jobs.

Tell me about it. I did a co workers drive a couple of months ago and this morning I went to vote at the Union office and he saw me BSing with others and asked me to to more work for him. loved the job I did for him previously. Drive was done with a landplane. Now I have Boxblade and bucket work scheduled.
:thumbsup:

Tom

/ Land Plane
Thanks for all the kind words,