Box Scraper Land Planes / Grading Scrapers

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers
IMG_6187.JPG

and now it’s christened……

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #82  
Hmm…I hadn’t thought about that. I wonder about having a method for quick-release to switch back to moving dirt quickly?
Wing nuts.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #83  
Update: more quotes today from 2 dealers

1) Landpride GS1572 @ $2400
2) Bad Boy 72" @ $1300

Both brand new.......

Guess which one I'm going to tomorrow?

Wow. I bought the GS 1572 brand new for $1,495 less than 24 months ago. This country has been ruined.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #84  
Thank Bidenomics for general inflation and higher fossil fuel costs. I tried to buy a Kubota M5-111 tractor in the same general period and saw a ~30% price increase and could not get it in the transmission configuration I wanted.

Ended up with a Massey 5711D myself. Materials and labor costs have really gone up and some vendors have kept their margins high to the point people are buying elsewhere in many cases. Never really considered a Bad Boy land plane but, guess I need to broaden my search a bit. 😉

Thank Bidenomics for general inflation and higher fossil fuel costs. I tried to buy a Kubota M5-111 tractor in the same general period and saw a ~30% price increase and could not get it in the transmission configuration I wanted.

Ended up with a Massey 5711D myself. Materials and labor costs have really gone up and some vendors have kept their margins high to the point people are buying elsewhere in many cases. Never really considered a Bad Boy land plane but, guess I need to broaden my search a bit.

That’s exactly how this happened. My top choices would be Woods or Land Pride based on personal history, but neither of those could be had without spending north of 2k for a simple scraper with no moving parts. I had zero idea what bad boy implements had to offer. I’ve never looked them up or talked with any of their dealers before this thread. But, the two best prices I received were both from Bad Boy dealers. It looks better built than the farm store ones that were next closest in price, and based on my first session with it on Saturday, I think it’s gonna work fine.

Yep, the land plane is working liking I hoped it would. I can recommend these for dirt too.

/ Land Planes / Grading Scrapers #87  
I did not spend the money for the rippers and glad I didn't it
don't need them. I just use it for the drive way. I think the
bad boy is pretty close to the ls one

willy

I spent about 5 hours moving dirt and leveling today, and it was the first day I actually used the rippers. After trying them out in a couple different height settings I’d say they add value. I was able to aggressively go after the high spots that were left from last time and knock them down quicker with the teeth.

It’s supposed to rain tonight and I have my kids out trying to beat the darkness spreading 150 lbs. of seed the old fashioned way. I’m sipping some ice water and supervising. It’s been a dusty job, both my tractor and I need cleaning. The tractor also needs a new air filter, it was starting to choke down under heavy load a little bit towards the end.

Land plane for the win . Production picked up and it was faster than the box blade. That job is in the books and it’s time for some TLC on this machine.