Land Pride Power Rake

/ Land Pride Power Rake #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
I'm looking at a 72" Land Pride Power Rake. to those familiar with these rakes, the "cutter ribs" on the roller are 3/4" square stock when new. This one is worn down to about 1/4" in height which says it is not going to move much material per rotation. I've never done any "hard facing" and am not sure I could do much with my Millermatic 230. So I'm thinking of buying some "round" stock or 1/2 x 1/2 square stock and welding that on-like a about a 1" bead every 4-6 inches both sides.

Anyone with experience doing this?

Thx

/ Land Pride Power Rake #2  
Personally I'd hold out for a unit with the carbide nobs. I've ran both and the nobs win especially in New England.

Matt

/ Land Pride Power Rake
Personally I'd hold out for a unit with the carbide nobs. I've ran both and the nobs win especially in New England.

Matt
Matt, Thx for response but I use it for grading gravel drives and typically spreading graded base or asphalt millings. If I was using it to put lawns in I might agree with you having used Harley rakes with knobs for that but IMO the Land Pride PR 2972 or 96 can't be beat for spreading .material.

/ Land Pride Power Rake #4  
Matt, Thx for response but I use it for grading gravel drives and typically spreading graded base or asphalt millings. If I was using it to put lawns in I might agree with you having used Harley rakes with knobs for that but IMO the Land Pride PR 2972 or 96 can't be beat for spreading .material.

Well for your application I'd have to agree. As to your original question, I've not done it on a rake but have seen it done on a coal conveyor inlet.
I'd stich weld it as you mentioned before the hardfacing route.

Matt

/ Land Pride Power Rake
Well for your application I'd have to agree. As to your original question, I've not done it on a rake but have seen it done on a coal conveyor inlet.
I'd stich weld it as you mentioned before the hardfacing route.

Matt
Thx Matt. I think I'm going to get some flat bar stock and weld it on.
BOB

/ Land Pride Power Rake #6  
Maybe someone can tell me. I use my Harley pro 8 with the flat bars on the roller. It has a tendency to leave a washboard ripple on the gravel driveway. Sometimes I use it non rotating to avoid this, but it is probably hard on it. What am I doing wrong?

I have always wondered what the difference is between the bars and nibs on these rakes.

/ Land Pride Power Rake
Maybe someone can tell me. I use my Harley pro 8 with the flat bars on the roller. It has a tendency to leave a washboard ripple on the gravel driveway. Sometimes I use it non rotating to avoid this, but it is probably hard on it. What am I doing wrong?

I have always wondered what the difference is between the bars and nibs on these rakes.
Assuming your PTO RPM is correct, try slowing your tractor speed and perhaps a little less "drop" for a few passes-might help to take the High spots off gradually.

/ Land Pride Power Rake #8  
I find the rake works nicest when it's pulling a good amount of material in front of it. But somehow the material coming out the back inbetween the two rollers must be oscillating to give a washboard effect.

I guess I could do most of the rennovation work and then drag something over it. But it would be nice to undertand this ripple effect.

/ Land Pride Power Rake #9  
Assuming your PTO RPM is correct, try slowing your tractor speed and perhaps a little less "drop" for a few passes-might help to take the High spots off gradually.

I have noticed the same thing on my driveway when using the rail type power rake. Also not quite as nice of a seed bed compared to the "nub" style