Land Pride rotary cutter

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #11  
I'll also add it's a good idea to walk over as much of the property as you can before you make the first cut. Some areas may be too thick with briars, but you can skip those. Ten acres is not too much land and it won't take you long to walk, plus the exercise is good. Also, wear some hearing protection if it gets too noisy with the mower wide open, you'll be glad you did when you're older. Good luck and be safe with the new tractor!

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #12  
I have both a L3940 and a Landpride 6' rotary cutter- they are a good compliment to eachother.:thumbsup:

/ Land Pride rotary cutter
Big Orange was delivered last week and so far I've got about 5hrs of mowing time in. One word - AWESOME! Some of those briars have been tough, but I am taking 1/2 cuts and it works out fine. Even used it as a finishing mower on the yard and it looks pretty good. After my first day of cutting I quickly realized that a mask and ear protection are essential items.

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #14  
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but is the same term for a Flail mower?
I'd pull mine out, plus the new plows to get a garden going, BUT we are DROWNING.
Today, 1/2 '' rain in NE PA, plus it rained 24 of 30 days in April. I'm spraying everything with WD40. LOL
regards,
Steve

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #15  
a flail mower is used to mow yards an make them look pretty.a rotary cutter aka shredder is used to mow pastures an over grown areas.

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #16  
I have a Land Pride RCR1860 and I consider it a medium duty cutter. It is a heave piece of equipment and well made. Definitely more that a light duty. Their 1500 series is light duty.

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #17  
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but is the same term for a Flail mower?
I'd pull mine out, plus the new plows to get a garden going, BUT we are DROWNING.
Today, 1/2 '' rain in NE PA, plus it rained 24 of 30 days in April. I'm spraying everything with WD40. LOL
regards,
Steve

I should have researched before my post. I have 3 or4 pieces of Land Pride Euipment. Fabulous USA a made stuff. I also have a used New Holland Flail mower and new to me Bush Hog. Apples and Plumes as far as I am concerned. Flail, Fabulous, Bush Hog (rotary) great for Brush, not so great for Mowing.
regards,
Steve

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #18  
I have a RCR 2672 LANDPRIDE cutter and it is very tough,I use it in my business and it is very much worth the extra cost I paid for it, I do not regret the choice to go with LANDPRIDE

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #19  
I picked up a Rhino 260 for my L4400 I got a Rhino 172 but needed something a little more heavy duty and the 260 seemed to a perfect fit. As long as I keep the rpms around 2400 im doing Great. I dont think my tractor could have done a 272.. the brush im taking down is really thick and it just would have the power to keep it up in that sweet spot.

/ Land Pride rotary cutter #20  
I picked up a Rhino 260 for my L4400 I got a Rhino 172 but needed something a little more heavy duty and the 260 seemed to a perfect fit. As long as I keep the rpms around 2400 im doing Great. I dont think my tractor could have done a 272.. the brush im taking down is really thick and it just would have the power to keep it up in that sweet spot.

Just go slower!:thumbsup: