Land pride vs woods

/ Land pride vs woods
The cash is not burning a hole in my pocket by any means.LOL I think i will stick
with the ztr for now.

/ Land pride vs woods #12  
I can tell you for certain that I can get a better cut at a higher ground speed on the ZTR when compared to the Woods RM990. The 990 covers a lot of ground in one pass but I have to travel slower and the cut quality suffers as the blade tips dull from hitting ant mounds etc.

/ Land pride vs woods #13  
I own a Woods brush hog. It's tough. I'm happy with it. Don't own anything from Land pride yet......Maybe I will........Maybe I won't

There is one thing that influences my decision though........

Woods lists a phone number so I can talk to a real person if I have a problem..

Land pride does not.....and I hate dealing with manufacturers problems through e-mail....No phone # in Land Pride literature either...FWIW

/ Land pride vs woods #14  
BlacknTan said:
Woods lists a phone number so I can talk to a real person if I have a problem..

Land pride does not.....and I hate dealing with manufacturers problems through e-mail....No phone # in Land Pride literature either...FWIW

Interesting point. The one Landpride item I own HAS had a problem - and I have had to go through the dealer - who goes through the Landpride rep - who is some anonymous guy who only comes around like once a month - and after two months of waiting I hear, basically, that Landpride isn't going to fix my implement in any competent way, and they think I should just use it bent and not worry about it. For lack of any options, I think I will, but I also think it will be the last Landpride implement I ever buy.

/ Land pride vs woods #15  
Z-Michigan said:
Interesting point. The one Landpride item I own HAS had a problem - and I have had to go through the dealer - who goes through the Landpride rep - who is some anonymous guy who only comes around like once a month - and after two months of waiting I hear, basically, that Landpride isn't going to fix my implement in any competent way, and they think I should just use it bent and not worry about it. For lack of any options, I think I will, but I also think it will be the last Landpride implement I ever buy.

That's 2 strikes against landpride. (slow to respond and gave the wrong answer)

I don't have a clue how woods handles issues like that. None of my woods equipment has had any issues. Well, they said the BB600 blades were recalled and gave me new ones. he he he, I got the notice the day I was going to order new ones. Other than that, the stuff just works.

jb

/ Land pride vs woods #16  
A little info...

I sent LP a question via e-mail on Monday. No answer or acknowledgement yet. That's a full week..

I believe that LP makes quality implements, but, I dislike doing business this way...Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

/ Land pride vs woods #17  
I purchased a Woods PRD 7200 this spring for $2K tax included. Dealer cost was $1820 so he only made a little over $50 on the unit. My previous unit was a 60" LandPride that I owned for 14 years. Tough little unit but lighter made than the Woods. Never replaced a bearing in 14 years. Excellent quality.

I went with the PRD over the Heritage because of the cast iron sheaves, heavier deck, 60 HP rated gear box, and 5/8" rolled bar steel that protects the deck. To me it was worth the extra money over the Heritage model.

If you have lots of trees I would stick with the ZTR and not get a RFM. Mine works well because I have very few obsticals eventhough my ground is very hilly and some parts is quite rough. I mow around 4 to 5 acres a week with a 28 HP 1720 NH.