Grapple Landpride SGC0660 Grapple

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #11  
This is the preferred EA Wicked Grapple for your tractor:
Everything Attachments Compact Wicked Root Grapple 50"

255 pounds without the intermediate lower tines installed and 274 with them.
You'll love it!

Are all the hinge points greasable? I'm sort of leaning towards the Land Pride unit but like yours as well.

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #13  
Good to know both have greasable hinge points. Any thoughts re: one (EA) vs two (LP) hydraulic cylinders?

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #14  
Absolutely

Here's a pic I just took that shows. This is a Everything Attachments Compact Wicked Root Grapple 50"
We even have zerks where the cylinder mounts.
Travis

20150604_151909.jpg

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #15  
Here are some more fine details pointed out by EricTheOracle here on TBN. Thanks again Eric :thumbsup:
Pretty cool features that we've never really advertised or talked about.

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #16  
I LOVE Landpride, and would almost never recommend against it. But in this case, absolutely go with the EA grapple.

(I know you said you want people with direct experience, but this would be a pretty quiet thread if we all listened to that :))

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple
I just started a thread asking the same thing. The LP Grapple is over 150#s lighter than the same EA grapple and at least $700 cheaper. Compare Everything Attachments Tractor Loader Root Rake Grapple to http://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/lit/lit_sgc06.pdf

MXBX,

I have been looking at the Single Lid Wicked Root Grapple by Everything Attachments. The EA grapple is about the same price as the Landpride SGC0660. It is also only 54" wide which, i think is better for my tractor depending on weight with I am waiting on an answer from EA.

Thanks for your input.

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #18  
MXBX,

I have been looking at the Single Lid Wicked Root Grapple by Everything Attachments. The EA grapple is about the same price as the Landpride SGC0660. It is also only 54" wide which, i think is better for my tractor depending on weight with I am waiting on an answer from EA.

Thanks for your input.

The 50" would be the cat's meow on a B2710. 255 pounds without the intermediate lower tines installed and 274 with them.
The 54" is going to be around 349 pounds.

Everything Attachments Compact Wicked Root Grapple 50" is my pick.
Travis

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #19  
MXBX,

Thanks for your input.

I am also looking at the smallest EA single lid wicked grapple. I compared the LP and EA above because they were more similar in design and width. I do think it matters what you want to use the grapple for.

ErictheOracle mentioned above also wrote the following recently:

"I haven't posted the videos yet, but I've done some silly lifting with the wicked root grapple. It is very good at grabbing logs, but just okay at brush. The crossbar serves to limit skewering brush piles as well as digging into roots. On the other hand, the wicked root grapple seems indestructible as well as light, two redeeming characteristics."

/ Landpride SGC0660 Grapple #20  
ErictheOracle mentioned above also wrote the following recently:

"The crossbar serves to limit skewering brush piles as well as digging into roots. On the other hand, the wicked root grapple seems indestructible as well as light, two redeeming characteristics."

With that in mind, notice how close the crossbar is to the end of the tines on the LP grapple. The crossbar on the wicked grapple serves as a depth gauge when you're running it thru the ground to grub roots.
Without it, you'd bury it and the tractor would stop in it's tracks.
Travis