Lanz Bulldog

/ Lanz Bulldog
My cousin is a farmer in Canada . Was going to visit for years . So if we find a lead in Canada , that will give me the reason to travel .

/ Lanz Bulldog #14  
Thanks Don , thats a great start
Your welcome, and good luck in your search.

Just a tip, be careful while searching. You could get a virus real quick. I only go to sites that my antivirus software says is ok.

/ Lanz Bulldog #15  
Hi,

In the 1930s, the German company Heinrich Lanz A.G. had as much as 60% of the tractor market in Europe, and its tractors were exported worldwide. You can find them all over Europe, from Norway to Greece, but also in Australia and Brazil. Most Lanz Bulldog tractors can be found in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, but they are very desirable and quite expensive there. You can get tem cheaper from other countries.

I was close to buying a complete Lanz Bulldog from Norway for little money, which was used by the German Army to build coastal fortifications in 1941.

A cheaper alternative are very similar Polish Ursus C-45 or Argentine Pampa.

Good luck

/ Lanz Bulldog #16  
DSC00622.JPG

A friend with his Bulldog.

He had it shipped over in a container from Germany. He joked that it would run on anything, even buttermilk!

Apparently, my grandfather had a trucking company and trucked these out of Manheim. My Dad often spoke of his experience as a young man on a Bull Dog. I found the motion of the piston going back and forth along the length of the tractor to be somewhat nauseating.