Box Scraper Laser Grading System for 30-40hp Tractor?

/ Laser Grading System for 30-40hp Tractor? #11  
I agree with Steve. Do you know of any local contractors that could do the heavy work for you? It might sound less than desirable at first but a skilled person on a machine to hog some material out can be money well spent. A laser-guided box will work best when you are +/- 1-inch of desired grade. If you are further out than that, it can take hours to get to grade. Yards of material add up fast if you are a 1/4" out...let alone an inch. Trust me, I know.

/ Laser Grading System for 30-40hp Tractor? #12  
My take is you would need something heavy duty to rough in and get close to grade, then the Level Best box scraper setup with your 3320.

You could posssibly do the whole job with a 3320 it would take along time if you need to move lots of material. Just depends on the individual site conditions.

What kind of prices have you come up with for the Level Best setup complete with laser controls and hydraulics? Looks like a good setup.

I would also consider using a large landplane/grader implement to help with the rough in work. I have had good results using mine but certainly not near as exact or accurate as using a laser guided box.

But what about a laser guided land plane/ grader implement? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As a side note, I think that we here at TBN need to agree upon the proper name for our land plane/grader blades. I think that that is it, (land plane/grader blades) they are not a land plane, and they are not just a grader blade. From now on we should refer to them as an "LPGB" implement. Of course we (I) will have to inform all the Grader Blade manufacturers that they need to change what they call their graders. :rolleyes: :laughing: ;)

/ Laser Grading System for 30-40hp Tractor? #13  
I believe that the laser equipment from the Level Best could be used as an indicate system where you mount the receiver on another device (industrial box blade or even a dozer) in order for you to watch the lights and make adjustments to the machine manually in order to finish grade. After that, swap the controls to the fine grade piece.

/ Laser Grading System for 30-40hp Tractor? #14  
I believe that the laser equipment from the Level Best could be used as an indicate system where you mount the receiver on another device (industrial box blade or even a dozer) in order for you to watch the lights and make adjustments to the machine manually in order to finish grade. After that, swap the controls to the fine grade piece.

I have done that already, setup my tripod with laser and fastened the recvr to my boxblade. Next chance I get I plan to raise it up so I can read it easier. It does help to have a constant reference point and the LPGB easily smooths over a few holidays.

edit; I should add that it would be great to have a simple remote set of lights that could be mounted in the cab forward of the rockshaft lever, sure would save my neck.

/ Laser Grading System for 30-40hp Tractor?
Thanks Guys,
So it sounds like my decision should be between a 210 Skip Loader or a Laser Box for my 3320. A 6' Level Best box w/ dual receivers (for dual plane) and a Topcon system are priced around $18,000. Some used 210's are around that price too.
I'm not as concerned with time as I am with producing a quality product. So I will probably buy a Laser System first, then a full-size tractor for large volume earthmoving later.
I have ballpark pricing already:
Pads for buildings, driveways- ~0.20 per sq. ft.
Larger area arenas, pastures, sports fields- ~0.10 per sq. ft.

+mowing and/or scraping for clean dirt
+rough grading- depending on individual job

Any Suggestions?