Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor?

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #1  

Schneeky

Silver Member
We're pulling the trigger on the new Mahindra here in the next coupla days. Just wanted to get opinions on what add-ons I may be forgetting. Current setup is:
  • 3016 HST 4WD R4's
  • ML115 FEL w/SSQA
  • Front 3rd function control and rear hydraulic connections (2 connections or 4?)
Not really sure what I'll be getting on the back that may need hydraulics, but I could see a Top-n-Tilt mebbe somewhere down the line. No OEM tooth bucket is available, are some kindof attachable teeth a must have? Tires come loaded. Will be ordering The Rake Shops light root grapple bucket and pallet forks when the deal is sealed.
In the not-too-distant-future an auger will be needed. Mebbe a small bush hog depending on how the property gets cleared.
Any other suggestions for something I may have forgotten? I'd like to get it as close to right as I can the first go around before it leaves the dealer (50+ miles) and while it doesn't matter much in the 84 month financing. Thanks for all y'all's help thus far!! :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

Last edited:
   / Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #2  
if I did mine over again id add dual rear remotes... Never thought I would need them but a top n tilt would be nice, or having the option to use a hydraulic toothed BB, or a rear blade with a hyd cylinder on it for angle. If your has the option of the bobcat style quick attatch on FEL id Opt for it also ... opens it up to using bobcat quick tach style forks, or being able to rent a bobcat quick attach hydraulic auger.
To add 2 remotes (4 outlets) to the rear on mine would have changed the monthly payment like a whole $6 more.

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #3  
Unless something has changed,:confused3: Mahindra only offers a single rear remote on these 16 series tractors. :mur: So anything more than the single set (2 outlets) is going to be an after market system. Nothing wrong with that, might even be better, but just so that you know.

I sell a 3 spool system for $1025 just so that you have something to compare to. Same thing goes for the Front 3rd function system, no Mahindra option, only after market systems. Mine run $649 shipped to your door.

I don't know where you are located, but I know that I simply could not operate for any length of time without some sort of a canopy.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 111
   / Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor?
I checked with Max at Safeway Mahindra and he also sez that from Mahindra it's pretty much one to the front, one to the rear. Wasn't sure how many I actually needed, since I really don't know what I'd use them for outside of the grapple up front. Is a single rear remote pretty worthless? Wasn't sure what I needed to operate the possible top-n-tilt. For no more than I'd prolly need it I could always get my sorry butt outta the seat. :laughing:
Max said canopies were cheap (~$200). I made the one Rusty is sportin' outta the diamond tread aluminum floor that used to be in my flounder boat. Still has the holes from the center console in it. :eek:

I think it already is the SSQA style from the factory as I understand it.

Thanks, fellas.. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #5  
I checked with Max at Safeway Mahindra and he also sez that from Mahindra it's pretty much one to the front, one to the rear. Wasn't sure how many I actually needed, since I really don't know what I'd use them for outside of the grapple up front. Is a single rear remote pretty worthless? Wasn't sure what I needed to operate the possible top-n-tilt. For no more than I'd prolly need it I could always get my sorry butt outta the seat. :laughing:
Max said canopies were cheap (~$200). I made the one Rusty is sportin' outta the diamond tread aluminum floor that used to be in my flounder boat. Still has the holes from the center console in it. :eek:

I think it already is the SSQA style from the factory as I understand it.

Thanks, fellas.. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

Not sure what he's talking about for the front other than the mid remotes that are used with the loader.??? :confused:

As far as a single for the rear, you bet it is, or can be very useful.:thumbsup: Most people only get a hydraulic top link anyway and you can sure use it for that. If you decide that you want the tilt cylinder, we can just add a diverter, or 2, or 3 to get you a few more rear remotes after the fact. Using the OEM unit and then using the diverters is the cleanest way to get the remotes that you need anyway. That is in my opinion, others may feel differently. Only problem is that the single factory rear remote is sort of expensive. :(

Attachments

• IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 106
Yeah. $950's worth. Will PM ya sometime to get a better idea of what may be more suitable for later if the "need" arises.
Right now I'm nixing the single OEM rears. Credit ap goes in in the mornin'. :cool:
I hafta say tho' that Safeway Mahindra has been great to deal with so far..
Pretty painless. d:^) Schneeks.

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #7  
Do you plan on doing any digging such as burn pits underground water/electric lines, etc. I would look at getting the backhoe then at the same time. They're hard to finance later, if you can even get a good match in the future.

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #8  
I would say before you take the machine look at the "little things"....things that should be good after all it is a new machine. I bought a new tractor a few months ago and found it had bad tires....dealer made it right, but still if I saw it out of the gate.

Check the hoses, tires, belts, hoses....make sure everything works as it should. I know, but for me I was thinking hay this thing has 4 hours on it....how could it have bad tires.

Went to Safeway Mahindra today. Spent a good bit of time talking with Jimmy and Max. Looked at a unit with a backhoe on it. Played with it some. Seems like it'd be a useful thing. Definitely made the tractor feel "beefier". Checking into whether we really feel it's "worth it" and can it be painlessly made to happen from a financial perspective. In that twisted circular reasoning a fella does when he wants something, I'm thinkin if we used it only once a month, we'd be better off than renting. And the times ya use it more than once per month should accrue t'wards that tally. :confused2::laughing:

If we can make it happen without jackin the budget we will. I hafta say that Max is putting in some extra effort to see what options there may be. This thing hasta "earn it's Alpo" around here. Even if that's just keepin me entertained between boat stuff and yard duties. :cool:

Cherokee- Will be giving it a good check. Stuff happens.
MtnViewRanch- The BH would give me 3 individual connections on the back. Any better? :) d:^) Schneeks..

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #10  
Went to Safeway Mahindra today. Spent a good bit of time talking with Jimmy and Max. Looked at a unit with a backhoe on it. Played with it some. Seems like it'd be a useful thing. Definitely made the tractor feel "beefier". Checking into whether we really feel it's "worth it" and can it be painlessly made to happen from a financial perspective. In that twisted circular reasoning a fella does when he wants something, I'm thinkin if we used it only once a month, we'd be better off than renting. And the times ya use it more than once per month should accrue t'wards that tally. :confused2::laughing:

If we can make it happen without jackin the budget we will. I hafta say that Max is putting in some extra effort to see what options there may be. This thing hasta "earn it's Alpo" around here. Even if that's just keepin me entertained between boat stuff and yard duties. :cool:

Cherokee- Will be giving it a good check. Stuff happens.
MtnViewRanch- The BH would give me 3 individual connections on the back. Any better? :) d:^) Schneeks..

Makes it easier to feed a set of 3-4 manual rear remote valves. :drool: