Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor?

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor?
OK.. So it sounds like the old man was had today. Momma-n-Max schemed & plotted on me.
The 3016 with FEL AND BH will be down here on the Catbird Ranch sometime in the next week or so. :laughing:

Hot diggity!! :D:D:D d:^) Schneeks..

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #12  
Get a couple hooks welded on the FEL, very handy.
Also a steering wheel spinner, we called them "Necker's Knobs' when I was a pup... extremly handy using the loader...

Get a couple hooks welded on the FEL, very handy.
Also a steering wheel spinner, we called them "Necker's Knobs' when I was a pup... extremly handy using the loader...
Necker's Knobs are standard fare around here with the boats. Got a nice stainless one I've been hanging onto for a few years that'll go on it. It's on Rusty now, but doesn't fit that old skinny wheel too good. Had ta make a rubber filler for it.
If I can remember how to stick I'll get those hooks on.
Gotta find a place up front for a trailer ball, too. Mostly for jon boats and empties.
Removing that BH all the time could turn into a chore. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #14  
<snip>
Gotta find a place up front for a trailer ball, too. Mostly for jon boats and empties.
For about $70 you can get a 2" clamp on receiver, and you can clamp it on in front or on something on the back.
/edit - like a backhoe bucket

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #15  
We're pulling the trigger on the new Mahindra here in the next coupla days.
Just wanted to get opinions on what add-ons I may be forgetting.

Yes, indeed, negotiate everything you can think of in the initial deal. I would
include a service manual and 5 years worth of filters. Or at least the 50hr maintenance
kit: filters and 10 gallons of THF.

newbury- Good call. That may be the ticket for shuffling l'il stuff around the shop area. Kindof curious how much of a PITA it'll be to hook/unhook up this BH. Doesn't look like that bigofa deal. Just hate to hafta do that for a 3 minute trailer shuffle.

dfkrug- Tried it. Homer gave us a real good price and got hard headed. Can't blame'em.

Thanks.. :cool: d:^) Schneeks..

/ Last minute checklist/add-ons for new tractor? #17  

My BH detaches in less than a minute, A handy idea is to set it on a pair of heavy duty furniture dollies (from Harbor Freight) so you can scoot it around on a concrete floor.
It works well.

For a hitch ball on the FEL, just drill a hole and add the ball as needed.

My BH detaches in less than a minute, A handy idea is to set it on a pair of heavy duty furniture dollies (from Harbor Freight) so you can scoot it around on a concrete floor.
It works well.For a hitch ball on the FEL, just drill a hole and add the ball as needed.
Not a bad idea. I'll hafta see how that'll work when it gets here. I've got some of my larger tools in the garage on those dollies and it's real handy for keepin'em outta the way but handy.
I'd thought about drillin a hole for a ball, but wondered if it'd be too high for these smaller boat trailers on top of the bucket. And too hard to see for hooking up down on the bottom? Thanks.. d:^) Schneeks..