Lava Rock

/ Lava Rock #1  

pajoube

Veteran Member
Tractor
Former Owner PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)
Last Friday my wife and I took off early in the morning and drove to Yellowstone National Park for the 100th anniversary of the Old Faithful Inn. Had a great time and when the festivities were complete we decided to leave. It was only 2PM so we decided to head the truck West. We traveled into Idaho and went through Craters of the Moon and ended up at Sun Valley for the night. The next morning we drove to Twin Falls, Idaho and viewed the lava flows. Really liked the look of this lava rock so we started to look around and found a place that carried some very unusual lava rock. Ended up buying a piece weighing just under 800 lbs (all my truck could handle), which will go into my landscaping yard project. Also found another one we really liked but it weights 2700 lbs. will borrow a friends trailer and pick that rock up in about a month. These two rocks will be focal points in our landscaping projects.
This first photo shows me unloading the 800 lbs lava rock from the pickup.
PJ

Attachments

• 423704-MVC-172F.JPG
    423704-MVC-172F.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 374
   / Lava Rock
Another shot of it on the ground. Will not be placing the rock into final place for another couple of months as i need to build another couple of stone walls.
PJ

Attachments

• 423706-MVC-173F.JPG
    423706-MVC-173F.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 274
   / Lava Rock
Other side (little dark)
PJ

Attachments

• 423708-MVC-174F.JPG
    423708-MVC-174F.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 270
   / Lava Rock
Top view - water in two of the low spots.
PJ

Attachments

• 423709-MVC-175F.JPG
    423709-MVC-175F.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 272
   / Lava Rock #5  
Wow PJ!

That's a nice looking rock! I noted with interest that your front tires of the PT425 look like they have a wee-bit of weight on them!

Thanks for the pictures - your home will look awesome when all your projects are finished. Wait - they'll never be all finished. Anyway - thanks for sharing!

-Rob /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Lava Rock #6  
Smartguyz and PJ:

You noticed that the tires were showing the weight they were carrying--what IS the tire pressure that should be used.

I have bar tires on my PT425 and don't see anything about pressure in the 'manual'.

I recall that MossRoad said 14 (I think) in the fronts. Any ideas?

BTW--I thought that the tubeless bar tires would be 4-ply, but the sidewall says 4-ply RATED.

Thanks!

Mark H.

/ Lava Rock #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Top view - water in two of the low spots.
)</font>

Spooky, it looks like some character's head. The water spots are eyes with the hair comprised of those jaggy parts on top.

/ Lava Rock
I run 10 lbs pressure on all four tires.
PJ

/ Lava Rock #10  
Turn it upside down and it is some Star Wars character. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif