Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20?

/ Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20? #11  
The concrete would make a fairly heavy roller but fwiw,, filling with weight material for drilling mud would be almost twice that. Bayrite weight material comes in at 36lbs/gallon, that would make this a 3000 lb roller. 100lb sacks of this stuff are tiny compared to things like fertilizer.

/ Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20?
I belive i have this figured at approximately 1650lb +/-. I am a litle concerned on some parts of the gravel driveway the slop might be too steep for this. But I guess I could pull it behind my '79 FJ40 if that were the case.

I was suprised at how many bags it would take!

/ Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20? #13  
The concrete would make a fairly heavy roller but fwiw,, filling with weight material for drilling mud would be almost twice that. Bayrite weight material comes in at 36lbs/gallon, that would make this a 3000 lb roller. 100lb sacks of this stuff are tiny compared to things like fertilizer.

Does that harden like concrete, and I assume it does, but what does that cost roughly compared to concrete. That sounds like something I have to remember.

/ Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20? #14  
Does that harden like concrete, and I assume it does, but what does that cost roughly compared to concrete. That sounds like something I have to remember.

This is more like stone dust, doesn't harden but makes a very heavy mud that will settleout quickly in water. Since it is used in the oil field I haven't ever had to buy it.

I would think if you filled a roller with this stuff you would have to make sure the frame and bearings could handle the total load.

/ Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20? #15  
This is more like stone dust, doesn't harden but makes a very heavy mud that will settleout quickly in water. Since it is used in the oil field I haven't ever had to buy it.

I would think if you filled a roller with this stuff you would have to make sure the frame and bearings could handle the total load.

It seems to me that is pretty dense stuff but I would think the tank would dent easier because it is like mud. Food for thought though.

/ Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20?
Looks like it has been well over a year since I did this. It worked out fine. If memory serves, it ended up being about 1750lbs. I use it to compact the driveway after I box blade it. Works great!

/ Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20? #17  
Wouldn't it be awsome if you turned a lawn roller into an ice cream maker !!! Then I could tell the old lady, quit hassling me Im'e makeing Ice Cream ;)

/ Lawn Roller: Fill w/other than H20? #18  
Since my drum is steel, should we coat the inside with oil before adding concrete to help prevent the concrete from deteriorating the rollers integrity>