Lawn sweeper

/ Lawn sweeper #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ( need to be dumped a lot more often than the baggers. )

Looks like the 3-bag power flow bagger system has a capacity of 14 bushels. I know I'm not supposed to make a straight conversion wet-to-dry volume, but that's about 15 cubic feet, which is less than the sweeper.

But then I read the name and it says "power flow". Does this mean that it compacts the clippings as it collects them? Obviously a sweeper would not be able to do this, but it the bagger could, then it would be able to hold more clippings with less capacity, which would seem to be what you're indicating. ))</font>Yes the power flow packs them in but additionally it shreds the grass and leaves into itty bitty pieces so you are getting a full load. By shreding the material it also gives it a head start on composting or just a smaller pile of material when the job is done.

/ Lawn sweeper #12  
Have you had a chance to go by and check out the bagging systems, or did you get yourself a lawn sweeper yet?

/ Lawn sweeper
Neither. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Having 20 month-old twins sort of leaves me with a bit less free time than before. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But after seeing the responses here, I'm going to go check on the 3-bag powerflow bagger and see if it's doable. I like the idea of packing the clippings in to reduce dumping frequency, as well as having them more chopped up to speed up the compost process.

/ Lawn sweeper #14  
Better late than never ( just in case someone is on the fence and needs a nudge.... ). I have a Huskee 17 cu. ft. 42" Lawn Sweeper and bought it at our local tractor supply place. I use it every year on a pretty good size lot and it has never let me down. Sturdy brushes even grabs wet leaves without clogging - CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS.

Looking for a good sweeper to pull behind the X495. Tractor Supply has a Huskee brand, 17 cu. ft., for $250. Appears pretty solid, but I've never had anything made by Huskee and haven't ever heard anything about them.

Any experiences/advice would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Lawn sweeper #15  
I have an LT155 with a 2 bag mounted grass catcher( non power flow) and recently bought a GT 245 and a 2 bag power flow system. I can mow way more with the power flow between dumps than the non power flow because it gets packed in better. The three bag system was an extra 400 dollars and I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it. I have yet to have the power flow plug up and I highly recommend it. Works perfect!

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

(4) MKW-M25 17in x 8in Chrome 8-Lug Rims. (A33079)
(4) MKW-M25 17in x...
PALLET OF NEW PLASTIC FLARE FITTING ENDS (A34011)
PALLET OF NEW...
15 Hole Wood Bin (A34007)
15 Hole Wood Bin...
Bobcat 80" Heavy Duty Bucket (A32803)
Bobcat 80" Heavy...
2007 Bil-Jax 4527A Tow-Behind Boom Lift, (A33078)
2007 Bil-Jax 4527A...
ANTIQUE WAGON (A34011)
ANTIQUE WAGON (A34011)