lawnmower class action suit ?

/ lawnmower class action suit ? #1  

rollbar

Bronze Member
Tractor
2005 4520 jd
has anyone else received a card explaining a class action suit settlement against manufacturers of 30 hp and smaller engines? the explanation given is that a 35.00 for walk behind mowers and 75.00 for riding mowers. thanks for any response. rollbar

/ lawnmower class action suit ? #3  
The classic bait and switch. They speculate on how much money they can squeeze out of the company. 40% profit, 35% administrative fees, 5% mailing charges, and hopefully 20% to the consumer. Depends on what the pot has in it when they figure the 20%. Its called incidental fees.
These class action lawyers are the best of class at not representing individuals but grabbing the sky hook and running with it.
I just received a class action letter concerning Certainteed Roofing materials. In the end the lawyers will make huge profits and I will pay more for building materials in the future. That letter headed straight for the garbage can as the information on it wasn't suited for recycling.

/ lawnmower class action suit ? #4  
Hi! In America B.H.P are evaluated or estimated not tested and are brut without accessories as magneto or alternator cooling fan pumps etc.. So My GX340 Honda is sold 11 HP in America but 9.5 HP in Europa . They use DIN norm. They must remove power for fan alternator etc.. DIN power are more true. Good Luck ! Oldmech

/ lawnmower class action suit ? #5  
The classic bait and switch. They speculate on how much money they can squeeze out of the company. 40% profit, 35% administrative fees, 5% mailing charges, and hopefully 20% to the consumer. Depends on what the pot has in it when they figure the 20%. Its called incidental fees.
These class action lawyers are the best of class at not representing individuals but grabbing the sky hook and running with it.
I just received a class action letter concerning Certainteed Roofing materials. In the end the lawyers will make huge profits and I will pay more for building materials in the future. That letter headed straight for the garbage can as the information on it wasn't suited for recycling.

You mentioned recycling.......... I have another way. You know that junk mail that you get that includes the postage free envelopes? Well, they only pay postage if you use them, so I take the junk mail from one place, and mail it to the other in those envelopes......... that's what I did with the lawnmower class action suit thing too since I was having a slow day. :D

/ lawnmower class action suit ? #6  
has anyone else received a card explaining a class action suit settlement against manufacturers of 30 hp and smaller engines? the explanation given is that a 35.00 for walk behind mowers and 75.00 for riding mowers. thanks for any response. rollbar

I think my letter is in the trash. American businesses have a tough enough time without some lawyers trying to line their pockets. It might have been different if it was a safety issue that the manufacturers ignored but something like this is absurd.

/ lawnmower class action suit ? #7  

People wonder why health care is so expensive and the cost of products goes up. This is one reason why. Law suit lawyers are one reason why.
Throwing away the card would not be the best response. These people need to be gone after like the industries that they are destroy and show them that honest people are not going to take it any more.
Horse power can change with wear, carbon build up and even just poor gas.

I went to Briggs school and many like it. And one thing they taught us is that only a percentage of the horse power is needed to do the job.
Working for a dealership for over the last 11 years we have seen the same size riding lawnmower with the same size deck go from 12 hp to over 25 hp. Why you ask is because we are Americans and our common idea is bigger is better. This is usually the first question asked how much horse power does it have. Rather that how well the horse power is utilized. Bigger usually means more gas (money out of your pocket). So lets go after these lawyers and give them some of there own medicine. So you get a couple of buck wait until you buy your next mower. $$$$ ouch! Somebody has to pay the bill.