layed down bx24

/ layed down bx24 #1  

lovemytoys

Gold Member
Tractor
bx24
today is a good day ,i tried to move a log with the backhoe.well the title says it all .it started smoking black and ran on when i took out the key.this ran for a 30-40 sec .when i flip it back up it didnt want to start ,like it was locked . i let it sit for about 15 min and it started.but now it smokes alot when first started and when i rev it up to about 3200 rpm sound like it has a miss ,not all the time .

/ layed down bx24 #2  
air restricted somewhere maybe?

/ layed down bx24 #4  
Even though you tried to shut it off, it was sucking oil out of the crankcase, that is why it continued to run. When you tried to restart the engine, it was hydraulicly locked (engine oil on top of the piston ). You have probably bent a connecting rod or worse. Always, on a layover, before trying to restart the engine, pull the glow plugs and crank the engine over to check for engine oil on the top side of the pistons.

/ layed down bx24
i called the dealer and he did see it to be a problem.like i said no knock just smoke

/ layed down bx24 #6  
This story gets repeated here on TBN a couple times a year. It's worth repeating again.

When dumping a tractor, one's first instinct might be to fire it up and "see if it is OK" which is actually the wrong thing to do. Once righted, the only thing to do is NOT RUN IT. I know it's hard, but that's the right thing. Tow it back to the shop and let it sit for 2 or 3 days, and MAYBE the oil will seep its way back down to the crankcase. And/Or/Then pull injectors and so forth. Hopefully folks reading this will somehow draw upon this memory when and if they dump one over, and fight the urge to start it up.

/ layed down bx24
what cost do you think im in for??this suck im out of work since sept and need a new roof 9000.00 i guess you could say im fu--ed

/ layed down bx24 #8  
I wold contact your mech. before starting again to have look/listen..does sound good. :(

/ layed down bx24
i started it today still smoke not as bad .smell like rich Diesel .going to call tomorrow