Lazy bones

/ Lazy bones #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
Well today I slept in until just before 9:00 am. Man, I have not done that for years and years. Normally I never sleep late, but I have a really awesome new mattress now and the thing is a dream. I can see more of this in the future, time permitting.

Do you sleep in ever?

/ Lazy bones #2  
The older I get, the less I sleep in. Sleeping in now is 7am, maybe 8am once in a great while.
Dave.

/ Lazy bones #3  
IM up at 4.30 for work 6 days a week now ,sleeping in on SUNDAY might be 8 am ,only because im sleep deprived and exhausted.Ihurt too much when i lay in bed too long,i hurt if i sit around inactive all day.Mother was /is a hard worker too all her life ,told me long ago ,best medicine is keep moving ,guess she is right.
ALAN

/ Lazy bones #4  
In high school, I started getting up early at 4:00 am so I could go to my janitor/mechanic job at a 24 hour laundromat and dry cleaners. I would clean the dry cleaners first because the owner got there to set up for the day at 6:00 AM. Then I'd clean and work on washing machines until 7:30 AM and run back home to shower and go to school by 8:30 AM. In the military, I felt like I was sleepin' in by not getting up until 6:00 AM. On my last job before I retired, I would get up between 4:30 and 5:00 AM and leave early for my 70 mile one-way commute. Now, my wife can't understand why I can't sleep past 6:00 AM. If I'm not up by 6:00 AM, it's because I'm sick. I just can't sleep later than that and most days I'm up between 5:00 and 5:30. My body won't let me sleep in.

Of course, my wife would say I get plenty of extra sleep on the couch during the day, and that's true. If I get too still and too comfortable, I often doze off.:)

/ Lazy bones #5  
Well today I slept in until just before 9:00 am. ...
Do you sleep in ever?

I'm working on your clock, Jimmy! I woke up around 8 but lazed in bed listening to the radio until around 8:45. It's a clear, cold day here and it felt good!:D

/ Lazy bones
I just realized that I was not completely accurate in my post. I woke up at 6am and laid in reading until about 9am. It was still great though. This new mattress is the cats meow.

/ Lazy bones #7  
Strange things in our house, when in town my wife is up at 6:15 and I get up at around 7:15. She calls this her quiet time.

When we're at the farm I'm up at around 6:00 and she sleeps until around 9:00. I usually make our breakfast and fresh coffee. I take her cup into the bedroom and set it on her night table and the smell of fresh coffee usually wakes her up before I'm out of the room.

/ Lazy bones #8  
sleeping in on the weekend is until 6.
during the week I get up at 4:30

/ Lazy bones #9  
I work swing shift (hence shiftyguy) and look at hours of mattress time rather than when I get up. To bed at 9:00 AM and up at 3:00 PM is a good days rest.

/ Lazy bones #10  
Well today I slept in until just before 9:00 am. Man, I have not done that for years and years. Normally I never sleep late, but I have a really awesome new mattress now and the thing is a dream. I can see more of this in the future, time permitting.

Do you sleep in ever?
Yesterday was 11 hours on the road so was too tired to stay up past 9 -- slept straight 8 hrs (unheard of) stayed in bed til 6:30 -- we're usually up at 5. Daylight is at about 7 right now -- no way I can stay down after that.