LB 2204 Engine Race Followed by No start

/ LB 2204 Engine Race Followed by No start #1  

Acepylot

Tractor
Kioti LB2204
Hello. I recently had an issue with my Kioti LB 2204. I was running the tractor normally for several hours then shut down prior to loading it on a trailer. When I tried to start so I could load it up the engine raced as if it was at full throttle then quit. Since then I have only been able to get it to start for a few seconds and then it quits. When cranking it it seems to want to start but once the starter is disengaged it just dies. It has plenty of white smoke coming out of the stack so it seems to be getting fuel. Any ideas on what could be going on?

Thanks.

/ LB 2204 Engine Race Followed by No start #2  
Sounds like your fuel rack is stuck... actually sounds like it stuck in the "full fuel" position when it raced.... Now it sounds like its stuck at or near the "fuel rack closed" position...

/ LB 2204 Engine Race Followed by No start
So, how to I get it unstuck? IOr is this something that just needs to be replaced?

/ LB 2204 Engine Race Followed by No start #4  
well... this seems to be a common occurance with the little Kioti.. I have not seen one in person to study what type of fuel system is on it.. There was a guy on here awhile back that had the exact same thing happen... seems he found an inspection cover on the side of the fuel system and removed it... Once removed, I believe he freed it up using some WD-40 and a little time...
I'm not good at using the search feature on here, never seem to find what im looking for... but you might give it a try..
If somebody has an exploded view of the fuel system they can post, it would help...

/ LB 2204 Engine Race Followed by No start
Thank you for the reply. I am going to go take a look for an inspection cover. Do you know if it's common for the "rack" to get stuck even after it had been running fine for a while?

/ LB 2204 Engine Race Followed by No start #6  
It's not really a "common" occurace on the Kioti as a rule.
There were some that did, but it was a run of pumps in some of the CK models and a few DK's.
I've sold alot of CK's in the range that did have the issues and have replaced very few.
The 2204 was made between 1986 and 1993.
I would guess this is from the unusual occurance.
Until the issue with some of the CK's there just weren't any pump failures.
I would pull the pump and get it to a diesel pump shop.
Theres no sense in possibly hurting the little 2204.

BTI