Leak in the middle

/ Leak in the middle #12  
That's not good news, mine has been dripping for a little while now and I only have 95 hours on the clock, probably around 60 when I first noticed it.

Mine is due for some warrantee work anyway, so I better send some pictures to my deal and make arrangements to get it fixed before the ground dries out and I need the tractor again.

Jason

/ Leak in the middle
Yup thats the one.
Okay at least I know what to expect, doesn't look that hard to split at that point, a few bolts. Guess a manual/parts are in order and the time needed to do it then.
Glad it is just a o-ring.

/ Leak in the middle
That's not good news, mine has been dripping for a little while now and I only have 95 hours on the clock, probably around 60 when I first noticed it.

Mine is due for some warrantee work anyway, so I better send some pictures to my deal and make arrangements to get it fixed before the ground dries out and I need the tractor again.

Jason

Good idea.

/ Leak in the middle #15  
Okay at least I know what to expect, doesn't look that hard to split at that point, a few bolts. Guess a manual/parts are in order and the time needed to do it then.
Glad it is just a o-ring.

Glad it's something you're up for tackling, it's a little more than I'd be willing to try. Mine didn't start leaking until after they split the tractor to replace the HST. After they had done that, I had them add a cab, so splitting it again was going to be a little more challenging, but I guess they must do it all the time. Anyway, I was sure it was a seal that was damaged or an o-ring that didn't seat properly after the split, but never heard for sure.

/ Leak in the middle #16  
It really isn't too bad of a job.
The hardest part for the home mechanic is holding the 2 1/2's up while it is split.

BTI

/ Leak in the middle
It really isn't too bad of a job.
The hardest part for the home mechanic is holding the 2 1/2's up while it is split.

BTI

Yeah, that is what I was contemplating on, how to hold the 1/2s up. Was thinking of welding up some supports to carry the weight of the halves. Will wait till winter this year I suppose since mowing season is coming up.

/ Leak in the middle #18  
I found this thread after a long search : http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/244056-small-hydro-leak-issue.html is this the one you are referring to?
Says o-ring leaking -- tractor split to replace.

Hey there this is Dingo Man who started that thread. My DK40 had a similar hydro leak. If you search my threads I actually posted a couple pics. Mine also leaked down through an access hole in the mid section. I never learned the cause of mine. After splitting the tractor three times Kioti authorized my dealer to install a brand new hydro pump, and it has not leaked since. They theorized the one of the out flow fiitings on the hydro pump was not machined quite right allowing it to leak even after reading o-rings.

My only suggestion is check your power steering lines up under your steering column. This is what they had me check first, and I know it is quite common on Kiotis that these lines loosen up and leak. I know the DK and CK are probably apples and oranges but that is my story. Good luck.

/ Leak in the middle
Hey there this is Dingo Man who started that thread. My DK40 had a similar hydro leak. If you search my threads I actually posted a couple pics. Mine also leaked down through an access hole in the mid section. I never learned the cause of mine. After splitting the tractor three times Kioti authorized my dealer to install a brand new hydro pump, and it has not leaked since. They theorized the one of the out flow fiitings on the hydro pump was not machined quite right allowing it to leak even after reading o-rings.

My only suggestion is check your power steering lines up under your steering column. This is what they had me check first, and I know it is quite common on Kiotis that these lines loosen up and leak. I know the DK and CK are probably apples and oranges but that is my story. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply Dingo Man. :thumbsup:
Yeah saw the picture, exact same spot this one is leaking.
Will post back after I do the o-ring replacement this Winter.