Backhoe leaking backhoe

/ leaking backhoe #1  

DBABUDDY

while using the b/h on my dk35 i think i over extended the arm up to far and it wouldn't go either direction, upon several different attempts and methods , i hooked a chain up and pull forward a little and it broke free and operated normally, until i used it the other day and it seems to be leaking out of the arm, down by where you pin the backhoe arm. any suggestions on the cause. unit only has 16 hours on it. any thoughts would help thanks

/ leaking backhoe #3  
I will assume you're speaking of the cylinders that are on either side of the boom, the swing cylinders. There should be one on either side. I believe those have O-rings on them, and they could have been tightened too much at the factory, squishing them out too much as happened on mine when I bought it.
The backhoe, if Kioti, has a one year warranty. Have your dealer repair the problem. If he's not close you can do it yourself easily enough by buying either a comparable O-ring, or get an assortment such as Harbor Freight Stores often have on sale.
John

/ leaking backhoe
BACKHOE IS A 2375 KIOTI BRAND, LEAK APPEARS TO BE FROM THE CYLINDER IN THE HOE ARM ITSELF, BY WHERE THE HOSES GO UP IN THE BOOM. PRETTY SURE ITS NOT THE SWING CYLINDERS( SIDE TO SIDE) ITS THE CYLINDER THAT GOES UP AND DOWN

/ leaking backhoe #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ITS THE CYLINDER THAT GOES UP AND DOWN )</font>
Okay, that's the same one I'm having the problem with. I would have your dealer take care of this if it's still in the one year warranty period. Otherwise, you'll need to remove the cylinder by taking out the pins, repair the connection, probably with an O-ring, and then replace it. It's too hard to get in there to tighten, and that may not be the fix if the O-ring is squished in there.
I don't think it's that hard to do, I just haven't taken the time to do mine yet.
John

/ leaking backhoe #6  
I did the same thing on my #2385 backhoe . If you do not extend your the main boom "stops" on the hoe it will do it again regardless if you repair the leak down or not . I welded a set of ear extensions on my backhoe so it could not ever break over center again and that ended the problem for good . I guess they were about 1/2 " thick and 1" wide . After I finished welding them up , I retouched the paint and it looks like factory now .
Allen

/ leaking backhoe
WHERE ARE THE STOPS, DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS, THANKS FOR THE INFO WILL LOOK INTO IT PUTTING THEM ON,, IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM THEN?

/ leaking backhoe #8  
Well ....
I think it is a design flaw from the factory . I put my backhoe boom over center when I was digging out a large stump and as I picked it out of the hole it fell and pushed the backhoe boom toward me . I thought for sure the whole thing was going to end up into my lap ! The boom was actually touching the backhoe control level cover . After I pull it back as you did , I started looking into why the welded tabs did not stop the boom and discovered that with the backhoe all the way up it lacked about 1" from hitting the stops . This allowed the ram to break over center when it was fully retracted and get the boom stuck so it could not move in either direction . If you look where your boom connects to the frame you will see two little ears that stick out on each side of the boom to stop the boom from coming back too fall . Bring your boom to the fully raised position than measure the space between the stops and weld a extension tab on the existing ears . You will still be able to pin the backhoe in the travel position when you need to .
Allen