Leaking down the left rear tire

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #1  

bcantell

Tractor
Bobcat 873, Mini Volvo EC25, SkyTrac 7038
Don't know if this is the right forum for this, but, I've developed a fluid leak on my 873 coming down the inside of the left rear tire.

Any advice or suggestions on what I'm in for?

Thanks.

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #2  
Get it fixed ASAP or you'll be buying a new rim and a tube. My tire place charges $45 to mount/dismount AG tires, plus a charge to pump out the old fluid, plus a charge to pump in the new fluid, plus $X.XX per gallon of fluid.

I procrastinated on fixing a drip on the old C and it cost roughly $800 for new rear rims, 2 new tubes, mount/dismount, fluid and related charges.

Pay a little now or a boat ton later.

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #3  
Agree get it fix,for the last thing you want is to let the tire let go...p.i.t.a and a mess.

/ Leaking down the left rear tire
Thanks for the response.

I think you might be thinking I'm talking about fluid "IN" the tire. I'm not.

This is oil or hydraulic fluid leaking down the inside OF the tire. I should have made that clearer.

I'm guessing a axle seal or something like that.

It's cold out :ashamed: and I can't get to the tire to completely check it out yet as the machine is parked next to a wall.

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #5  
Get it fixed ASAP or you'll be buying a new rim and a tube. My tire place charges $45 to mount/dismount AG tires, plus a charge to pump out the old fluid, plus a charge to pump in the new fluid, plus $X.XX per gallon of fluid.

I procrastinated on fixing a drip on the old C and it cost roughly $800 for new rear rims, 2 new tubes, mount/dismount, fluid and related charges.

Pay a little now or a boat ton later.

Your "fluid" must have been CaCl.
Bad stuff! Don't use it!
EXTREMELY corrosive!

Should use "beet juice" (expensive), or windshield washer fluid (inexpensive), to avoid corrosion.

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #6  
[QUOTE=bcantell

I think you might be thinking I'm talking about fluid "IN" the tire. I'm not.

This is oil or hydraulic fluid leaking down the inside OF the tire. I should have made that clearer.
Even more so to get repair,all that rear weight plus movement w/no fluid could cost BIG $$$'s in damage.

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #7  
I've done this repair. It's not hard. You need to pull the axle out. I don't have time to go into the details now. I'll try to remember to get back to you tonite.

I also have a PDF of the service manual if your interested. PM me

I've done this repair. It's not hard. You need to pull the axle out. I don't have time to go into the details now. I'll try to remember to get back to you tonite.

I also have a PDF of the service manual if your interested. PM me

Awesome! PM sent. Thanks.

/ Leaking down the left rear tire #9  
I just realized the PDF is for a 763. Of course that's after I sent it to you. Hopefully they are similar enough that the manual helps.

Ernie;

Ha, it's good to see others do stuff like that also.

I'm watching my email.

Thanks