Leaking Seal on TN55

/ Leaking Seal on TN55
Super! One last question, I hope. I assume the major flange on the new seal faces the ball bushing and thus the fluid side of the housing.

/ Leaking Seal on TN55 #12  
The flange or lip of the seal always faces the oil.

/ Leaking Seal on TN55 #13  
I am doing this same repair and am having trouble getting the bushing out with a socket a bit smaller than the bore. I did remove the spring clip successfully. THe socket destroyed the old seal but that is ok .... the bearing seems pressed in and tapping harshly on the socket wont budge the bushing. Can you elaborate on how hard to hit the socket and how to be sure the socket is pushing on the lip of the bushing and not damaging the swivel portion? Many thanks

/ Leaking Seal on TN55 #14  
Make sure you soak it in penetrating oil. You have to rap on it fairly hard, but you MAY damage the bushing if it is frozen, but it should budge with some penetrating oil soaked into it. Make sure you are wearing safety glasses, too.

/ Leaking Seal on TN55
Seals replaced and everything reassembled, loaded up with new tractor oil and good to go. Already put a couple of hours in mowing. No leaks. Many thanks to Tractor Tech.

/ Leaking Seal on TN55 #16  
Bandit457 said:
Seals replaced and everything reassembled, loaded up with new tractor oil and good to go. Already put a couple of hours in mowing. No leaks. Many thanks to Tractor Tech.

I haven't done any for awhile, but just had one start leaking. 2004 TN95FA w/6000 hrs. Very rusty. The bushing on the outside and the lower link rusted severely. After several hours and no torch to break it loose, they are both replaced. Attached is a picture of the side that was rusted.

ForumRunner_20121030_193416.png
Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's not!