Leaky Remote valves

/ Leaky Remote valves #1  

Indian Territory

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland PowerStar 75
My new PowerStar 75 slowly drips hydraulic oil from the remote valves when I operate the top/side links. Is this to be expected, or do I have a problem?

/ Leaky Remote valves #2  
This should not be expected. I had some leaky valves on an older tractor recently and all I had to do was change the "O-rings" in each of the couplers. Easy fix for about $1 for each o-ring. Just make sure you get the right one. I would go back to the dealer and ask for new ones.

/ Leaky Remote valves #3  
Is the leak from the directional valves or the quick disconnects?

If directional valves I would be concerned that something is plumbed incorrectly and would recommend contacting dealer ASAP.

if quick disconnects I would check to confirm same brand a style. New these should not leak.

/ Leaky Remote valves
Thanks. Yeah it’s from the quick disconnects on the tractor side. The up and down movement may be putting pressure on the quick connections, like maybe the hoses are too short or something. The connections on the cylinders themselves seem to be dry.

Last edited:
   / Leaky Remote valves #5  
Pulling on the quick disconnects could make them drip and would also be hard on the hoses.

/ Leaky Remote valves #6  
Make sure the couplings are tight that hook the couplers to the line. Mine were slightly loose and would leak when they were in use.

/ Leaky Remote valves #7  
I had a very slight leak in one of mine. Disconnected it, cleaned the male and female ends, reconnected and voila! no leak