Learn Me About JD 5E Series

/ Learn Me About JD 5E Series
The 512 fits the tractor like loaders used to fit tractors, as in it doesn't stick six feet out in front of the tractor and the masts don't stick two feet above the hood.
Thanks for the detailed information, I appreciate it. I have a pre-def pickup with DPF, so I'm used to making sure I don't make a bunch of short trips and give it a good workout once in a while. I've never had that one go into regen.

I have to laugh on the loader thing. I grew up with a 4020 and an F11 loader. The rear pivot is about chest-high and really far back on that setup. We used it with chaffe feeders, so we needed the height.

/ Learn Me About JD 5E Series #12  
I have a 2011 5093E so it's pre-def has the power reverser 4x4 with loader and loaded rear tires, I fork two 900-1000lb rolls of hay one on each fork and have never had a problem with it feeling tippy, but it is flat country down here so it works for me. My biggest issue is the ergonomics of the features in the cab and if I were row crop farming I wouldn't own it if I could afford to do something different, but for haying and putting in winter pasture for my cows and millet or sudan in the spring it works just fine, tractor has plenty of power but is lighter than row crop tractors of yesterday, E is for economy and for Deere to compete with other manufacturers in that end of the market they had to cut back on some of the frills and convienience features that they are known for, but everyone doesn't need a 100k tractor nor can everyone afford one.

Well, I did it. It's a 2017 5055e with about 150 hrs. It seems really clean and lightly used. I'll have to get used to running a loader from inside of a cab, but brush hogging and snow removal will be really nice. It is the global loader attachment. It has a bucket and a bale spear. I have to decide whether to get a set of forks or an adapter to use my old set.

I save a bunch of sales tax having it delivered at home, but it's going to be next week. Patience is tough once I've made a decision.

Attachments

• 20220629_170232.jpg
    20220629_170232.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 188
   / Learn Me About JD 5E Series #14  
I have a 2011 5093E so it's pre-def has the power reverser 4x4 with loader and loaded rear tires, I fork two 900-1000lb rolls of hay one on each fork and have never had a problem with it feeling tippy, but it is flat country down here so it works for me. My biggest issue is the ergonomics of the features in the cab and if I were row crop farming I wouldn't own it if I could afford to do something different, but for haying and putting in winter pasture for my cows and millet or sudan in the spring it works just fine, tractor has plenty of power but is lighter than row crop tractors of yesterday, E is for economy and for Deere to compete with other manufacturers in that end of the market they had to cut back on some of the frills and convienience features that they are known for, but everyone doesn't need a 100k tractor nor can everyone afford one.

The best way to describe the 5E units is that they not "cut back" from anything, they are simply the continuation of the original 5000 series line (5x00, 5x10, 5x20, and has both sides of the 5x10->5x03 and 5x20->5x25 split). The chassis, wheelbase, and nearly all of the engines and transmissions are the same. The 5M was a new chassis with a different frame arrangement and a noticeably longer wheelbase, the 5R was yet another new chassis but with a wheelbase in between the 5E and 5M. The 5M and 5R are much fancier than anything previously offered in the 5000 series line, so a better way to think about this is that those models added a bunch of features that weren't in previous tractors while the 5E line didn't add as much.

/ Learn Me About JD 5E Series #15  
The best way to describe the 5E units is that they not "cut back" from anything, they are simply the continuation of the original 5000 series line (5x00, 5x10, 5x20, and has both sides of the 5x10->5x03 and 5x20->5x25 split). The chassis, wheelbase, and nearly all of the engines and transmissions are the same. The 5M was a new chassis with a different frame arrangement and a noticeably longer wheelbase, the 5R was yet another new chassis but with a wheelbase in between the 5E and 5M. The 5M and 5R are much fancier than anything previously offered in the 5000 series line, so a better way to think about this is that those models added a bunch of features that weren't in previous tractors while the 5E line didn't add as much.
Okay any way you want to cut the cards the E series does not have the frills that the other models do.

/ Learn Me About JD 5E Series #16  
I was on the way to the farm today. Saw a clean looking JD 5055E with a H240 loader, an open tractor. Was not there yesterday. Saw it too late to really stop safely. Decided I would stop on the way home. Sold already. He did give me the details. 200 hours, a 2015 model. Looked new. $30,000 and gone. Unsure how good or bad that was but it did not make any difference since it was already sold. Ohio

/ Learn Me About JD 5E Series #17  
Well, I did it. It's a 2017 5055e with about 150 hrs. It seems really clean and lightly used. I'll have to get used to running a loader from inside of a cab, but brush hogging and snow removal will be really nice. It is the global loader attachment. It has a bucket and a bale spear. I have to decide whether to get a set of forks or an adapter to use my old set.

I save a bunch of sales tax having it delivered at home, but it's going to be next week. Patience is tough once I've made a decision.

Solid choice, I'm sure.

/ Learn Me About JD 5E Series #18  
SNIP

From what I've read in the other thread, it sounds like I would want the SyncShuttle transmission and not the PowrReverser. I grew up with everything having a regular transmission and dry clutch and it sounds like they are a simpler design as well. One question though, it seems like all of the units with cabs have the PowrReverser. Is this true? I'm not dead set on a cab.

SNIP

Can you direct me to that other thread or have more info on the SyncShuttle vs the PowrReverser? I missed that and am not familiar with either one. But I nearly bought a 5105 a while back and still would like to learn a bit more about them.
rScotty

Here's the other thread:

Those two transmissions are what's available on the 5e series.

The 5105 has the syncreverser. It's a simple transmission but you're not supposed to shift gears while in motion. Otherwise, it's good.