Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #11  
I have a B2910 with 72" MMM. It takes me 5 minutes to remove it. One lever up front, pull a pin on either side, reach under and slide the PTO shaft off, lower bucket to raise front wheels off ground, rolls right out the right side. Goes on just as easy except I do have to lay on my back to attach the mid-PTO.

That mower deck is really heavy duty and does a great job. However, the tractor is still heavy enough to tweak the deck or the blades or the hangers or the linkages if you get it hung up on something or catch the sides and twist it. One weak point is the cups that are mounted right above the blades on the spindle shafts underneath. They're just sheet metal and I've bent one of those before when I got a stick of firewood jammed under the deck in some high weeds.

Also, not sure if your setup is the same as mine, but my tractor doesn't have provisions to "pin it up". There are some hangers underneath that have provisions to "pin up" the deck hanger arms when the deck is off -- but they're NOT designed to carry the weight of the deck or hold it up. These hangers are actually pretty light and would get bent up.

I also think that trying to carry the mower deck up high would interfere with the 3-point hitch. Will your hitch still drop and raise through it's full range if you "pin" the deck up? If not, those linkages will end up bent.

Personally don't think it's worth the risk of tearing it up so I try to avoid tilling, significant loader work, pushing snow, 3-point implements, etc. with the deck on. I can remove the deck as as fast as I could strap it up anyway.

As far as storage, I have a 2" ratchet strap around a post in the barn and I just hang the deck upright against the post using the hinged front-mount. I use the loader to lift it up there and just hook the ratchet strap and give it a few cranks. That's my winter storage method.

FWIW, that's how I handle it . . . Don't bend your deck up.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #12  
tried for one day, it came off the next day.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #13  
I had a Kubota BX with a 60” deck and tried it one winter and it didn’t work. I plow with a rear blade and the fel and the deck kept getting hung up in the snow. With a front blade maybe less of a problem?

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #14  
Removing the MMM from my old L3010 was a task I dreaded every winter. I used to leave it on when plowing, but due to the uneven ground, high centering was a constant problem.

I finally built a low slung dolly using high quality, easy roll casters. I would raise the front of the tractor with the FEL, slide the dolly under the mower and detach. Made the process much easier.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #15  
Removing the MMM from my old L3010 was a task I dreaded every winter. I used to leave it on when plowing, but due to the uneven ground, high centering was a constant problem.

I finally built a low slung dolly using high quality, easy roll casters. I would raise the front of the tractor with the FEL, slide the dolly under the mower and detach. Made the process much easier.

Not sure about the OP's B3030, but on my B2910 the 72" deck has big casters on all 4 corners. Once you unhook it, it rolls pretty smoothly in any direction as long as you're on pavement.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #16  
First time I tried that, I got hung up on the mower. Never, ever, ever again. Always come off.
I was envisioning this. Hung up on snow pack and lots of hand shoveling underneath to get free.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #17  
Not sure about the OP's B3030, but on my B2910 the 72" deck has big casters on all 4 corners. Once you unhook it, it rolls pretty smoothly in any direction as long as you're on pavement.
The MMM on the L3010 also has casters but they are too small and don't roll easily on my rough barn floor. I think this is the case with many mowers.

If you have a smooth, clean concrete floor, It shouldn't be a problem but using 6" quality casters on my dolly made a big difference.

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #18  
I leave the MMM on my BX2230 when I push snow, neever had a problem with it. I just clean the snow off it before I put it back in the shop.

IMG_20200118_111717934_HDR (Custom) - Copy.jpg

/ Leaving MMM pinned up in winter and plowing. #19  
I've always taken my MMM off in late fall prior to putting on front blade for plowing. The 72 inch deck is a monster to move around and store. So I was thinking of just pinning it up and leaving it on for the winter while plowing. Has anyone else done that? I not sure what harm it can do?

Michael
Just had my BiL use his mower deck as a blade to level loose dirt, so.. :ROFLMAO: