LED bar light experience?

/ LED bar light experience? #31  
Dale, I have the 2001 Wrangler TJ. My LED 22" light bar is bolted to the hood in the center and angled slightly to the right. My 1,000,000 cp each, 'aircraft landing lights' are mounted at the lower corners of the windshield. The ACls are incandescent and suck crazy power, (they need to go through a relay), also you should be moving when you turn them on or they will overheat and crap out.
You should check with the law, most states and some Provinces do not allow forward facing lights brighter than headlights above the center-line of the stock headlights.

/ LED bar light experience? #32  
Dale, I have the 2001 Wrangler TJ. My LED 22" light bar is bolted to the hood in the center and angled slightly to the right. My 1,000,000 cp each, 'aircraft landing lights' are mounted at the lower corners of the windshield. The ACls are incandescent and suck crazy power, (they need to go through a relay), also you should be moving when you turn them on or they will overheat and crap out.
You should check with the law, most states and some Provinces do not allow forward facing lights brighter than headlights above the center-line of the stock headlights.

Pretty much a ware of the laws in Cali.... Still need to decide what LEDS I want, it not been a real issue, but "some day"... Did replace stock sealed beams with H4's some time back and It made a world of difference though...

Dale

/ LED bar light experience? #33  
I considered LED lights. But I'm retired and have no need to do tractor work at night. However - from what I've personally witnessed - 50W marine flood lights would be my choice. I've worked on fishing boats in AK. They use these lights for night time fishing. Turns the work area to bright daylight out about a quarter of a mile.

The ones used are from JK McDermott out of NY state. LED, 50 watt, 12V, 3800 lumen, 130 degree spread. They are designed to work in a marine environment.... So, no problems with vibration or water tightness.

/ LED bar light experience? #34  
Pretty much a ware of the laws in Cali.... Still need to decide what LEDS I want, it not been a real issue, but "some day"... Did replace stock sealed beams with H4's some time back and It made a world of difference though...

Dale

I replaced my headlights with LEDs and that made a huge difference over the H4s I had in. The cops around here don't hassle you about your headlights as long as you aren't blinding people.