LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes!

/ LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes! #91  
The electrical can be a bit intimidating if you haven't done it before, but it is pretty simple once you get into it. Lots of helpful info on YouTube, etc to give you the confidence. Just make good solid and waterproof connections to save yourself the agony of intermittent issues. I really like to use heat shrink tubing vs. electrical tape. Easy and makes for a clean professional install.

Good advice. Don’t be in a rush. Take your time and do it right.

I’ve learned my lesson years ago and paid for it many times over in troubleshooting rushed jobs by myself as well as others.

/ LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes! #92  
tractorlights.jpg
I need the lights for my 3038e only occasionally - usually for plowing snow at night. I have to get ahead of a heavy snow because my CUT with bucket and blade can't easily do more than 6 inches at a time... Long gravel drive - one full mile through a forest. So I mounted lights on a board and bungeed it to the top of the ROPS - 2 forward lights and one back. It plugs neatly into the empty aux plug on the tractor and is activated with the existing switch. Works like a champ. And I can take it off easily when not needed because I do a lot of work in my forest and the limbs will knock off anything on the ROPS, under it or over it. A simple and cheap solution for me.

/ LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes!
View attachment 640445
I need the lights for my 3038e only occasionally - usually for plowing snow at night. I have to get ahead of a heavy snow because my CUT with bucket and blade can't easily do more than 6 inches at a time... Long gravel drive - one full mile through a forest. So I mounted lights on a board and bungeed it to the top of the ROPS - 2 forward lights and one back. It plugs neatly into the empty aux plug on the tractor and is activated with the existing switch. Works like a champ. And I can take it off easily when not needed because I do a lot of work in my forest and the limbs will knock off anything on the ROPS, under it or over it. A simple and cheap solution for me.
That works! :thumbsup:

/ LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes! #94  
one thing i learned the hard way wiring up some lights this week.. All wire connectors are not the same, i mistakenly started out wiring stuff up but ran out of connectors. The new connectors didnt work with the old connectors, so i had to cut and redo some of my connection with the new connectors.. Lesson learned..

brian

/ LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes! #96  
I did the same to my JD 855. Mounted the LED's to inside the ROPS, but used stainless hose clamps. Hold just fine. Power is direct from battery, so not relying on key being in/on. Need to add one pointed backward and switched separate, still...

/ LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes! #97  
I've taken to use magnets to mount just about everything now.
That way I don't have roof leaks and if I snag something on a limb it simply dangles.
Also allows for re positioning lights for best effect.

/ LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes!
I've taken to use magnets to mount just about everything now.
That way I don't have roof leaks and if I snag something on a limb it simply dangles.
Also allows for re positioning lights for best effect.
I've become a bigger fan of magnets myself. Especially those powerful Magswitch ones that a quarter turn activates/deactivates. I keep slowly adding metal and woodworking clamps to my stable.

Products - Magswitch Magnets | Magswitch Technology

/ LED light install... BUT look mom, no holes! #99  
View attachment 640445

------------ Easy and simple is always the best..