/ LED Light Upgrade #1  

liamcward

Tractor
Toolcat 5600
Hey Guys -
Decided to make use of this no snow time to finally go ahead with upgrading to some of the lights to LED kits. I had some burnt bulbs and a damaged housing already and found some pretty good Black Friday deals down at Princess Auto.

I ended up going with a light bar across the front and 2 flood lights rotated outwards to help with the spread:

IMG_3206.jpeg

I managed to use the original hangers with a bit of tinkering to help keep everything away from the windshield. Using use the supplied light bar mounts resulted in the wipers colliding with the light bar:

IMG_3208.jpeg

In the rear I went with 2 large flood lights and they were pretty similar in size. Managed to fit those into the original mounts as well:
IMG_3189.jpeg

IMG_3190.jpeg

For the connections, I decided to remove the connectors and go with marine grade splices. I thought about going with removable connections - but decided to go as water tight as possible instead:

IMG_3210.jpeg

The results are even better than I had hoped. I’m out in the country and had often wished for better lighting. Safe to say I wish I had done this years ago.

Front Before:
IMG_3199.jpeg

Front After:
IMG_3200.jpeg

Rear Before:
IMG_3202.jpeg

Rear After:
IMG_3196.jpeg

I love the brighter whiter light - definitely recommend the upgrade!

IMG_3197.jpeg

Looks like there is finally some snow in the forecast, looking forward to trying out the new setup properly soon.

If anyone is interested - I’m happy to share any details on the lights or answer any questions I can.

Hope Santa was good to everyone!

/ LED Light Upgrade #2  
Good job utilizing the existing mounts. Looks like you light up the whole neighborhood now. (y)

/ LED Light Upgrade #3  
upgraded the lights to LED on my series A and yes the issue was the wiper hitting the lights, the difference is amazing how much better one can see with todays LED lights. where are you located?

/ LED Light Upgrade #4  
One of the few benefits of being at the end of the rainbow ....... snow doesn't create the need to work in the dark.

/ LED Light Upgrade #5  
Really nice upgrade! Can you share the part numbers of the lights that you used?

/ LED Light Upgrade #6  
Looks good and nice light coverage. One of the first things I did when I got my TC was change the front bulbs to LED. Does make a dramatic difference with the right bulb and color temperature.

When experimenting with LED lights years ago for my Holder, for snowblowing at night I found color temperatures above 5500k had too much of a blue tint for me and true color definition of objects was not as accurate. Sounds picky but I prefer to see things as accurately as possible when blowing at night because I spend so much time at it.

Liam, I know photos aren't always accurate but I really like the light color and throw of the rear ones you installed. Who makes those and where did you get them. I was blowing last night and was reminded I really need to do something with those rear lights.

FWIW, I found 885 connectors online and put those on the new LED light harness of two lights I had tried on the front. That way I retain the stock connectors, the lights are easily replaced and the 885 plugs are a waterproof connector.

Last edited:
   / LED Light Upgrade
Sorry guys - I wasn’t getting the updates for the responses for some reason! I’ll look up those part numbers and see if I can find the links.

I got it all just down at Princess Auto!

/ LED Light Upgrade
upgraded the lights to LED on my series A and yes the issue was the wiper hitting the lights, the difference is amazing how much better one can see with todays LED lights. where are you located?
Hey Laurence!

I’m in Ontario, just north Orangeville! Where abouts are you?

/ LED Light Upgrade #9  
Saskatoon Saskatchewan, we are at -37C windchill -51C, the Toolcat is plugged in but its sitting until it warms up in the -20s