LED Lights

/ LED Lights #11  
Nicely done, Ksimolo! They look great. Very bright, and less load than even your stock setup! Excellent work!

-Rob :)

/ LED Lights #12  
I think those little LED head lamps are among the greatest jnventions of the twentieth century. I was wearing one the other night as I fixed a fence in the rain.

/ LED Lights #13  
I was reading on another sight that the fella's were only getting 10 hours out of them because of the motor type or charging situation. How long have they been lasting other Power-Trac owners? Would like to get some but don't want them to burn out after 10 hours for as much as they cost.

/ LED Lights #14  
This is an interesting issue. These may NOT be appropriate for, I am sorry to say it this way, lawn mower engines. I don't know how else to describe it, and I don't fully get what the issue but it is related to the fact that an alternator in a thiese kohler, briggs, motors are not as smooth in terms of electrical output as a better designed alternator. this is all heresay in my world. I can only say we bought LED replacement bulbs for the wifes Koler Commander powered craftsman and they burned out very quickly. I thought I had bought cheap stuff but got on the internet and read a few comments blaming the alternator design in the smaller engines.

I wonder if these sealed beam bulbs, with the big heat syncs, would perform better

/ LED Lights #15  
Y'all realize this thread, up to 4 posts ago is 2 years old?

Not quite zombie, but a real sleeper.

There's been a lot of advance and cost decline in LED's these past few years.

/ LED Lights
These lamps still work fine. Now they have the 27 watt ones for less money on Ebay. I bought some for about $25 each.

Ken

/ LED Lights #17  
Since the actual LEDS need to run at tight voltage, and current specs, I can easily imagine that poorly regulated supplies will blow the voltage control circuit.

I lost two compact fluorescent bulbs recently when the 110V power dropped to 70V for a few hours.

The LEDS are working fine for me.

All the best,

Peter

/ LED Lights #18  
This is an interesting issue. These may NOT be appropriate for, I am sorry to say it this way, lawn mower engines. I don't know how else to describe it, and I don't fully get what the issue but it is related to the fact that an alternator in a thiese kohler, briggs, motors are not as smooth in terms of electrical output as a better designed alternator. this is all heresay in my world. I can only say we bought LED replacement bulbs for the wifes Koler Commander powered craftsman and they burned out very quickly. I thought I had bought cheap stuff but got on the internet and read a few comments blaming the alternator design in the smaller engines.

I wonder if these sealed beam bulbs, with the big heat syncs, would perform better

I think this is correct. If your machine has a true alternator, you should be okay with the LEDs. If your machine charges from a magneto, the LEDs will burn out in a few hours. I put LEDs in last year, and I burned out several different types. I went back to halogen lights.

/ LED Lights #20  
I also just received 2 27watt lamps that I purchased from amazon. They are so bright, I just installed one lamp unit on the rops facing forward and I think it is more than enough for my needs. I will probably install another one facing the back on the rops as well - just in case I have to work on the engine compartment and to see the rear side quarters.