LED Lights

/ LED Lights
Ken_CT said:
According to a comment on the web page, Northern Tool says it is a 12 watt light. I really don't think you will be disappointed, it's quite bright. The light that I replaced was a 55 watt 4x6 rectangular halogen flood light, and new light is brighter.

Ken,

Thanks, it shipped out today so I'll report my results. If it is as bright as a 55w halogen I'll be a happy
camper!

Mike

/ LED Lights #12  
MikeyB, how are these lights working for you? I'm thinking of getting a pair for my tractor also.

/ LED Lights #13  
I put 2 LED work lights on the ROP of my JD 4100 and two rear facing LED lights for back up lights. The 4100 has a small alternator, but I haven't had any problems with the lights. They put out an incredible amount of light and have solved my problem of lighting up the area when plowing at night. I really recommend them

/ LED Lights #14  
I put 2 LED work lights on the ROP of my JD 4100 and two rear facing LED lights for back up lights. The 4100 has a small alternator, but I haven't had any problems with the lights. They put out an incredible amount of light and have solved my problem of lighting up the area when plowing at night. I really recommend them

Where did you get your LED lights? The link by the OP is to Northern Tool, model 1492110 listed at 375 lumens currently listed for $34.99. Northern Tool also has model 1492115 listed with 1350 lumens currently listed at $59.99. If you search ebay for truckstar 1492115, you will get about 10 or 15 results for around $30.99 with shipping.

/ LED Lights #15  
I got mine from a local dealer, East Coast Trailer, in Brockton MA. I do not have the manufacturer or model number available to me right now. I believe that East Coast has a website and you could find them there. The work lights each have 6 LEDs in them and the back up lights are flush mounted and have 6 LEDs as well. I mounted the work lights on the ROP and have them facing forward. The loader blocks the tractor's headlights. The work lights do a great job of lighting up the area in front of the tractor. The back up lights are mounted on the fenders facing to the rear. They are outboard of the weight box, so they do a good job as well.
I also replaced the headlights and hazard lights with LEDs and this reduces the draw of the lights on the battery. The hazards flash pretty fast, but that is not a real problem.

/ LED Lights #16  
I saw the Northern Tool lights and read 375 Lumens. I know that there are much brighter ones out there that don't really use that much more power. There is a new style of LED called a SMD or a surface mounted diode. These really put out some light compared to what the old LED's did. I know that the lights that appear to be the same size from tractorhelp.com are 1800 lumens. Looked up what halogens typically do and I've seen answers anywhere from 20-22 lumens per watt for a good bulb.

A 27w load is only 2.25A at 12 volts. If your charging system runs at 13v (which most seem to), we are just a shade under 2.1 amps. Hopefully this information can help!