LED Lights

/ LED Lights #11  
That truck is a beauty!

/ LED Lights
Beautiful ! Do you take it to any of the ATHS or ATCA shows? It doesn't look farmiliar, but I always go to Barrington (NH) and Hudson..... and any other shows I can squeeze in.

Guys, thx for the compliments-those help when I'm underneath it trying fix something!

Ductape- attached shots at Hudson in 2011. Its between two "show trucks". this old dude does an occasional load! Never been to Barrington but I hear its a great show-just no room. The ATHS National is at the Big E in Springfield this year-May 31, June 1,2. come on down!

Attachments

• 100_0891.jpg
    100_0891.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 237
  • 100_0893.jpg
    100_0893.jpg
    598.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 100_0894.jpg
    100_0894.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 201
   / LED Lights #13  
The only potential issue with mixing LEDs and incandescent lights is the resistance of the circuit goes down. Most flashers operate on that resistance, so when you remove too much of it then the lights will flash too fast, like you have a burned out bulb. If you have enough incandescent bulbs on the circuit, you won't have an issue, or you can change the flasher for an electronic one that doesn't operate off of resistance.

Great looking old truck. :thumbsup:

/ LED Lights #14  
Never been to Barrington but I hear its a great show-just no room. The ATHS National is at the Big E in Springfield this year-May 31, June 1,2. come on down!

You should try to make Barrington..... yes it gets crowded, but a great show none the less. I am hoping to make it to the national show..... I have a few friends going. Problem is my wife is due May 7th.... so I'm afriad my hands may be full. I no longer own any trucks, but did have a long term love affair with a mistress at one time. I will introduce myself if I make it to the show !

truckpictures020.jpg

truckpictures030.jpg

PeterbiltHood005.jpg

/ LED Lights
The only potential issue with mixing LEDs and incandescent lights is the resistance of the circuit goes down. Most flashers operate on that resistance, so when you remove too much of it then the lights will flash too fast, like you have a burned out bulb. If you have enough incandescent bulbs on the circuit, you won't have an issue, or you can change the flasher for an electronic one that doesn't operate off of resistance.

Thx 56- It IS a '56 REPOWERED with a Maxidyne.

/ LED Lights
You should try to make Barrington..... yes it gets crowded, but a great show none the less. I am hoping to make it to the national show..... I have a few friends going. Problem is my wife is due May 7th.... so I'm afriad my hands may be full. I no longer own any trucks, but did have a long term love affair with a mistress at one time. I will introduce myself if I make it to the show !

truckpictures020.jpg

truckpictures030.jpg

PeterbiltHood005.jpg

Ductape- Priorities! Good luck on the 7th- and nice Pete- too many nights on the road huh?

If you make it to the show make sure you stop by.

/ LED Lights #17  
Like others have said, the main problem with LED's on older vehicles it the thermal flasher. Electronic flasher will fix that.

However, on some of the newer ones, you must add the "loaded" LED's or ballast resisters since the computer reads the circuit and will return an error if the current drain is not enough.

/ LED Lights
Like others have said, the main problem with LED's on older vehicles it the thermal flasher. Electronic flasher will fix that.

However, on some of the newer ones, you must add the "loaded" LED's or ballast resisters since the computer reads the circuit and will return an error if the current drain is not enough.

10-4, thx

/ LED Lights #19  
I think the only issue is with LEDs and older trucks is thermal flashers. If your blinkers won't blink swap out the flasher for an electronic one and you will be good to go.

They also make loads that simulate the current pull of a bulb to allow the old style flashers to work.

Red Horse That is a great looking mack.

Ive had similar trouble with my 1967 F-350 that I Built a new light panel for. I decided to take my birthday off and do something fun for myself some I treated the old girl to some modern technology ( Removable panel 4 bolts to put it back stock, 7 pin trailer plug, led reverse lamps also, all the wiring I sealed up in a 6 x 6 junction box on the back to keep it clean and dry).

The problem is just as described earlier where might I find the parts to remedy this problem?

Here is a pic of the truck and one of the panel after installation.

Attachments

• 249293_10150741166780227_621835226_19997116_7796444_n.jpg
    249293_10150741166780227_621835226_19997116_7796444_n.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 284028_10150711362085227_621835226_19628115_1908497_n.jpg
    284028_10150711362085227_621835226_19628115_1908497_n.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 163
   / LED Lights #20  
Millsonwheels: is that shed really leaning that much or is it an optical illusion?