LED's for flashers

/ LED's for flashers #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
I have a JD 4320. Is there an upgrade to the light bulb flashers on tractors? I just think the old bulbs are a bit dim. Maybe even some king of strobe replacement.

Thanks
Dave

/ LED's for flashers #2  
There are generally LED replacement for "standard" incandescent bulbs, you need to know what the "nomenclature" is for your incandescent bulbs and the find a cross reference for the LED bulb...

Might start here... For just bulb replacement you might want to start in "Cars,Trucks, SUV's"...

/ LED's for flashers #3  
Is been a number of years, but I believe that's where I ordered led bulbs for my Kubota. I replaced all of the running lights and flashers with led bulbs, and they are nice and bright.

I run led headlight bulbs in the OEM housing for the amp reduction, but they do not project very well at all. I primarily use the 110w front and rear cab lights for night use. They turn night into day.

/ LED's for flashers
There are generally LED replacement for "standard" incandescent bulbs, you need to know what the "nomenclature" is for your incandescent bulbs and the find a cross reference for the LED bulb...

Might start here... For just bulb replacement you might want to start in "Cars,Trucks, SUV's"...

Yeah, I will have to pull the bulbs to see what kind of base is on them.

Dave

/ LED's for flashers #5  
Probably going to need a relay as well. I put led bulbs in my 80's ag tractors and needed relay to make them function. SBL is where I got mine from to. Great selection and warranty.

/ LED's for flashers #6  
I think use of LEDs is dependent on the vehicle design. The old flashers turned on and off based on current flow and LED may not draw enough to make them flash. That's why you could tell on old cars if a bulb burned out because the turn signal wouldn't flash. Newer vehicles have a different type of circuit that doesn't care what type of bulb is installed.

/ LED's for flashers #7  
I think use of LEDs is dependent on the vehicle design. The old flashers turned on and off based on current flow and LED may not draw enough to make them flash. That's why you could tell on old cars if a bulb burned out because the turn signal wouldn't flash. Newer vehicles have a different type of circuit that doesn't care what type of bulb is installed.
There are replacement flashers that flash speed is controlled electronically and don't care if bulb(s) are incandescent or LED... Flasher speeds will be a constant if it has just 1 bulb and maybe up to 10 bulbs/LEDs...