Lesson learned

/ Lesson learned #22  
Up here Mr. Brown,..that would be a light tilt trailer that carries two snowmobiles side by side and tilts like a teeter-totter so you can drive 'em right on. They are actually pretty wide, much more than necessary for a mower but you could put an other implement or garden trailer, Harley etc beside it.
Hope that helps explain it.
. . tug

/ Lesson learned #23  
Up here Mr. Brown,..that would be a light tilt trailer that carries two snowmobiles side by side and tilts like a teeter-totter so you can drive 'em right on. They are actually pretty wide, much more than necessary for a mower but you could put an other implement or garden trailer, Harley etc beside it.
*Hope that helps explain it.
. . tug
* Yep good job.

/ Lesson learned
:rolleyes: The important thing is that you got the mower off the trailer. :rolleyes:

I have actually stopped using ramps all together with riding mowers. I buy and sell a few each year. The ones I buy are usually not running. I'll lift the front wheels onto the tailgate of the truck and then lift the rear and push it into the truck. I'm not that big of a guy, and I'm not in that great of shape. In my world it's easier to do this than to mess around with ramps.

I normally haul my rider with my little trailer. It's a 4x8 tilt Chinese built trailer that you can get at Harbor Fright. However, I hauled my rider with my large trailer because I had to haul both my tractor and my mower to my dad's cemetery to mow and maintain the area. It's one of these old cemeterys that doesn't have a Church on the grounds. It burnt down back in the early 70s. My parents wanted that cemetery because it's just down the road from their house. It took some doing, but they finally found who to talk to to get a family plot. Because we said we'll help maintain the grounds, the family plot cost $25. I had to brush hog the Scotch broom first before I could mow the grass. I hadn't realized that all these years, I had gotten the mower on and off on an incline. This time, I too it off on my driveway.

I don't think getting this rider on the back of my truck is going to work. It's what Sears calls a garden tractor. Basically a heavy built rider. This one has a 23hp Kohler engine. When I flipped it, I wasn't able to right it by myself. My truck is a 3/4t F-250 Superduty. On top of that, I had to get out of the Army due to a back injury. It'll be a big time no-go to lift that thing by hand.

/ Lesson learned #25  
...It'll be a big time no-go to lift that thing by hand.

Sounds like it. I admit the bigger garden tractors would be a challenge, especially with previous back problems.

/ Lesson learned #26  
Must be a better way Daddio,.....take it from "experience",..DON'T tease or tempt an old back injury! Contrary to popular belief, they don't get better with age! They come back to bite-cha for "no" apparent reason later in life!

You seem like a guy who could,...(with suggestions from your gals),...invent some methods to get the job done without "spinal-agravation"!!! Do it !

All the very best to the three of you!
. . tug

/ Lesson learned
Must be a better way Daddio,.....take it from "experience",..DON'T tease or tempt an old back injury! Contrary to popular belief, they don't get better with age! They come back to bite-cha for "no" apparent reason later in life!

You seem like a guy who could,...(with suggestions from your gals),...invent some methods to get the job done without "spinal-agravation"!!! Do it !

All the very best to the three of you!
. . tug

Since this thread started, I've considered installing one of these on my trailer. - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
37555.gif

Ever get your tractor on your trailer, then realized you forgot something you need? :D