Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #1,131  
Thanks for all of the replies. I was hoping to be able to pick up and shred the leaves from bare ground but that may not be possible unless I adjust the blades all of the way down to dirt level. I'll experiment once I get it all back together.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #1,132  
The lowest setting for the rear roller guage
is the maximum amount you can lower the
flailmower and you will have excellent results.

You can also purchase dethatching blades for
your mower as well if you want to dethatch
your lawn.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #1,133  
First let me say wow... I have never, ever, ever followed a thread all the way through with the length this one has. Being ADD I had to space it out over a few days but I did it. I also wanted to add that I enjoyed the little pieces of information tucked here and there.

Makes me want to buy a flail mower... Saw on someones sig, once you go flail you won't go back... Sounds like he has heard a lot of success stories.

After some questions posted to Island guy I think I am going Caroni. No shipping as I live about 25 mins from their Garner NC, Store. Will have to see how it goes. I don't really need it now and I am hoping I could find one on sale somewhere?

/ Let's talk flail mowers #1,134  
First let me say wow... I have never, ever, ever followed a thread all the way through with the length this one has. Being ADD I had to space it out over a few days but I did it. I also wanted to add that I enjoyed the little pieces of information tucked here and there.

Makes me want to buy a flail mower... Saw on someones sig, once you go flail you won't go back... Sounds like he has heard a lot of success stories.

After some questions posted to Island guy I think I am going Caroni. No shipping as I live about 25 mins from their Garner NC, Store. Will have to see how it goes. I don't really need it now and I am hoping I could find one on sale somewhere?

There are lot of good used flailmowers for sale on Tractor House, Auction Time, Wengers of Myerstown and many other places but having the warranty is a blessing if there is a problem as you have rights as purchaser of said goods in the state of purchase .

Yes sir, Yup, I love My flailmower even though it is small one.

Make sure you buy the dip stick extension or buy the parts from a hydraulic repair shop or mcmaster to make the extension.

If you have a pair of rear remotes the side shift kit is a blessing to save time.

It is a purchase you will not regret as the turf quality is superb after mowing and ity stripes at no extra charge.

The safety factor is much greater especially with close housing, roadways, and 2 and 4 legged rug rats running around not paying attension.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #1,135  
Considering buying a 59' Ford 861 powermaster. Would need a mower as well. Does anyone know if a TM1900BSC - 75" Caroni Flail Mower would work with this tractor setup? It has live PTO from what I've been told and power steering, but not sure if that PTO would be compatible with this flail mower. Don't know much about tractors. thx...Denmeck

/ Let's talk flail mowers #1,136  
I see no reason why it would not be compatable.

My father ran his Ford Jubilee with a 7 foot
John Deere finish flail for years.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #1,137  
Another positive report on flail mowers. Today while shopping for a new tractor at Lane Tractor in Los Molinos Ca., another prospective tractor buyer and I were comparing tractor details. The discussion led to mowers. My new tractor buddy said that his best friend cuts grass along roads for local municipalities and private land owners. He said that his friend started his business with rough terrain rotary cutters and gradually moved into flail cutters as an experiment, now he uses only flail mowers for all cutting jobs. I am still in the research phase of rotary vs flail mower, but I am leaning towards a flail mower. I am considering the Braber Equip. "AgriEase 68 inch model BE-EFG175", (hammer cutters). If all works out this will be part of a package deal with the LS G3033 tractor. Anyone have personal experience with or heard :thumbsup:positive or :thumbdown:negatives concerning the AgriEase flail mower? I'll list the details of my :cloud9:new tractor package and pricing on the LS tractor discussion.
Solinski

/ Let's talk flail mowers #1,138  
Happy New Year,

If the Braber flailmower is a rebranded
Masscio or other Italian manufactured flailmower
I will feel better about your purchase but:

As you are in the Golden State,
I personally would rather see
you purchase a Vrisimo, John Deere
or Caroni flail mower as you can more
easiliy obtain service.

The biggest thing you have remember is this
when looking at any flailmower the amount of steel
in the mower shroud and the welds that are used to
construct the mower are the backbone of a flailmower.

That is why when you see a newer/used John Deere flailmower
at auction they are fought over in biddding and always
go high if not sold before hand.

This is why I would rather see you purchase new a Caroni,
John Deere, or Vrisimo flailmower for the money.

All you need to do is maintain one of these mowers and they
will last longer than your tractor.

If your dealer is evasive about answers, purchase a small Deere or a Vrisimo
grass duty flail mower and you will not lose any money as they will retain thier value and are very well built as well.

The other thing is the Vrisimo folks have reconditioned units for sale if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #1,139  
Hi Leonz, Thanks for info.! Of the flail mowers you suggested I think the Caroni is the only flail in my price range of under $2,000. I would post photo's of the AgriEase flail but my computer "photo gallery" has mysteriously disappeared. The Caroni seems fairly popular on "Flail Mower Nation".
Solinski

/ Let's talk flail mowers #1,140  
If you do not need to mow yet-

Check on tractor house and the other sites often and you will see a VRISIMO or John Deere come up from dispersals and trades in you half of the country.

Happy New Year

Once you go flail you never go back:thumbsup::licking::drool:
Pronovost or not at all!!!:thumbsup::licking::drool: