Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,891  
Does anyone have experience with Iron Craft Flail Mowers vs Del Morino and Land Pride?
I’d like to purchase one next year. I have an IronCraft tiller and it has been great… very heavy duty, and it’s the medium duty model

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,892  
I’d like to purchase one next year. I have an IronCraft tiller and it has been great… very heavy duty, and it’s the medium duty model
there is a big difference..... flail mowers dont till. if yours is working great keep it.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,893  
I'm looking at the FRF 165. I cannot find any info on the size of the hammers. It seems most of this size/type have either 400 or 800 gram hammers. Anyone know what these have?

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,894  
I'm looking at the FRF 165. I cannot find any info on the size of the hammers. It seems most of this size/type have either 400 or 800 gram hammers. Anyone know what these have?
They give dimensions of the hammers but not weights.
Do these match one weight but not the other? or are the heavy hammers just thicker?
1691273836463.png

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,895  
They give dimensions of the hammers but not weights.
Do these match one weight but not the other? or are the heavy hammers just thicker?
View attachment 814593
From what I can tell they are thicker. Most of my use will be heavy grasses and brush, no lawn.

It can be hard to figure out some of these various flail mower brands. Most are Italian, but a few are Chinese. Same units marketed under different names.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,896  
Hey group I finally finished the bearings and blades I set it up for corse cut when I got it it had 3 rows of 14 blades fine cut calla for 88 stations could I get by with 3 rows of 14 ?

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,897  
Post a picture of the flail mower rotor with knives mounted on it please.
If the flail mower rotor is not balanced you will lose another set of bearings.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,898  
there is a big difference..... flail mowers dont till. if yours is working great keep it.
One of my relatives was basically using a flail as a tiller trying to mow very low. He didn’t understand why he went through so many belts and blades. 😆

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,899  
One of my relatives was basically using a flail as a tiller trying to mow very low. He didn’t understand why he went through so many belts and blades. 😆
Tiller or land plane? :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,900  
Tiller or land plane? :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:
😀. I’ve been guilty of using my flail as a light land plane a time or two. Roller helps Smooth. Dry sandy loam soil. I just make sure no one is watching. 🫣 That’s probably right up there with trying to get extra close to a barb wire fence. Disaster in the making. 😬🫣