Comparison Let's try this again.....

/ Let's try this again..... #41  
Wow, abused used tractors are selling for 95% of new price???

Never said they were "abused". Please, try to keep up with the conversation.

USED tractors. No where did I say ABUSED tractors.

Now did I?

Straw man argument.

/ Let's try this again..... #42  
They bought Branson's parent company Kukje. Kukje is still making and selling Branson tractors with Cummins engines. Branson's parent company makes A series engines for Cummins under a 2002 partnership agreement. Tym may have bought Kukje for the the engines but they're probably not in Tyms yet. Since Branson's a bigger brand than Tym in the US it seems unlikely that Tym would kill the Branson line.

I thought TYM was bigger in the USA than Branson. The USA is TYM’s largest market. They are the third largest Korean tractor maker behind Kioti and LS. I could be wrong and Branson surpassed TYM.

/ Let's try this again..... #43  
Never said they were "abused". Please, try to keep up with the conversation.

USED tractors. No where did I say ABUSED tractors.

Now did I?

Straw man argument.

You led into your statement with a paragraph about "abused" tractors. I didn't write your statement, you did. Then you quoted the price issue, knowing that anyone reading your post would assume you were talking about the tractors in your previous paragraph that were abused.

So are you now saying that in fact excellent condition, low hours, gently used tractors are selling for 95% of new value?

Who's the straw man???

/ Let's try this again..... #44  
I have a mahindra 2555 hst 4wd. about 20 acres some hills bit not severe. works great for my needs. run 6ft rotary thru heavy grass and brush. loaded rears. very pleased with it.

/ Let's try this again..... #45  
You led into your statement with a paragraph about "abused" tractors. I didn't write your statement, you did. Then you quoted the price issue, knowing that anyone reading your post would assume you were talking about the tractors in your previous paragraph that were abused.

So are you now saying that in fact excellent condition, low hours, gently used tractors are selling for 95% of new value?

Who's the straw man???

Pot, meet kettle.

You're obviously upset that I challenge your pet theory about TBN members "thinking" about new tractors.

I start off by telling you that the theoretical tractor in your example that would sell for $16K vs $20K new, would sell for $18.5K here vs $20K new. Do you remember that? That was your example, not mine. You said used, I said used (what I actually said was your tractor in your example). You didn't say the tractor was abused, and neither did I.

Then when you came at me for disagreeing with you, you magically changed that tractor into an abused tractor. Remember?:

"Wow, abused used tractors are selling for 95% of new price???"

That's your reply, yes?

So now your example has been magically changed into an abused tractor.

And I called you on it.

You are intentionally changing the statements made so that you can turn that into an argument you can attack. That is a straw man.

Reread my original statement, in it's entirety. No where will you see me say abused tractors:

"Well for me, I bought new because that "used $16K" tractor in your example is really going for $18.5K here. People are out of their minds on used tractor prices. You ask brand new tractor price for your used tractor? Fine, ask whatever you want, $1 million if you can get someone to pay it. But faced with unreasonable sellers, most of us will buy new every time.

When I can buy brand new, not have to worry about what some cowboy has tried to do with their tractor, or what kind of "Jethro Engineering" fix they have done, and get a full (and extended) warranty out the door? Yeah, I'll pay the extra 5% for new every time."

One of the advantages I listed was not having to worry about the history of the used tractor, how it's been run, or how it's been maintained. Is that what you're attacking?

And now you're saying that if I DIDN'T mean "abused", then that must mean I'm talking about "excellent condition, low hours, gently used" tractors?

So it can only be one or the other with you?

/ Let's try this again..... #46  
Pot, meet kettle.

You're obviously upset that I challenge your pet theory about TBN members "thinking" about new tractors.

I start off by telling you that the theoretical tractor in your example that would sell for $16K vs $20K new, would sell for $18.5K here vs $20K new. Do you remember that? That was your example, not mine. You said used, I said used (what I actually said was your tractor in your example). You didn't say the tractor was abused, and neither did I.

Then when you came at me for disagreeing with you, you magically changed that tractor into an abused tractor. Remember?:

"Wow, abused used tractors are selling for 95% of new price???"

That's your reply, yes?

So now your example has been magically changed into an abused tractor.

And I called you on it.

You are intentionally changing the statements made so that you can turn that into an argument you can attack. That is a straw man.

Reread my original statement, in it's entirety. No where will you see me say abused tractors:

"Well for me, I bought new because that "used $16K" tractor in your example is really going for $18.5K here. People are out of their minds on used tractor prices. You ask brand new tractor price for your used tractor? Fine, ask whatever you want, $1 million if you can get someone to pay it. But faced with unreasonable sellers, most of us will buy new every time.

When I can buy brand new, not have to worry about what some cowboy has tried to do with their tractor, or what kind of "Jethro Engineering" fix they have done, and get a full (and extended) warranty out the door? Yeah, I'll pay the extra 5% for new every time."

One of the advantages I listed was not having to worry about the history of the used tractor, how it's been run, or how it's been maintained. Is that what you're attacking?

And now you're saying that if I DIDN'T mean "abused", then that must mean I'm talking about "excellent condition, low hours, gently used" tractors?

So it can only be one or the other with you?

I didn't realize we were arguing. Your example of jethro engineered tractors would be considered abused by me. From your comment of tractors selling at 95% of new value in the same statement leads me to believe there's a connection. If I misunderstood I am sorry. And I'm sorry that hurt your feelings.

/ Let's try this again..... #47  
I thought TYM was bigger in the USA than Branson. The USA is TYM’s largest market. They are the third largest Korean tractor maker behind Kioti and LS. I could be wrong and Branson surpassed TYM.

I don't have published numbers. But there's only a couple TYM dealers in my state and they're both service-only dealers, no new tractors. The TYM forum here has half the posts that the Branson one does. This is a mostly USA centric forum.

If you count non TYM branded tractors (Cabellas) or parts of tractors (some Mahindras are TYMs with Mahindra engines) the figures might be higher. But while that adds to the bottom line it does not promote the brand.

I think the TYM company is larger than Kukje as that's usually how buyouts go (though not always). But I think the TYM brand itself is less popular in the US than Branson.

/ Let's try this again..... #48  
I didn't realize we were arguing. Your example of jethro engineered tractors would be considered abused by me. From your comment of tractors selling at 95% of new value in the same statement leads me to believe there's a connection. If I misunderstood I am sorry. And I'm sorry that hurt your feelings.

Apology accepted, assuming it's genuine and not sarcasm.

And you are not capable of hurting my feelings. I grew up in the age long before Algore invented the internet. You are just random bits of 1's and 0's on the other end of the interwebs. I assure you, you have no impact on my life whatsoever.

/ Let's try this again..... #49  
Apology accepted, assuming it's genuine and not sarcasm.

And you are not capable of hurting my feelings. I grew up in the age long before Algore invented the internet. You are just random bits of 1's and 0's on the other end of the interwebs. I assure you, you have no impact on my life whatsoever.

Agreed, assuming it's genuine and not sarcasm.

/ Let's try this again..... #50  
I don't have published numbers. But there's only a couple TYM dealers in my state and they're both service-only dealers, no new tractors. The TYM forum here has half the posts that the Branson one does. This is a mostly USA centric forum.

I agree their dealer network is not that good. They have some great dealers and some pretty bad ones. There is hardly any posts in the Massey Furgesson forum and I am pretty sure Massey is bigger than Branson and TYM combined. There might be less activity for several reasons. Fewer problems, owners are less tech savvy or they are too busy to go on here or other reasons. TYM does build a lot for Mahindra.