Leveling my driveway

/ Leveling my driveway #11  
At 500lbs and with your design it should work really well as a road grader. Like you said, you don't need to add that concrete. Especially if you got your road somewhat where you want it already and are now maintaining to keep it smooth and groomed. The skids are the magic ingredient, I presume. Where weight really makes a big difference is like on a boxblade or rear blade since they don't have those skids on the sides, and you're trying to establish the road.

John, thanks for the compliment but I've not made one like that yet. I say "yet" because I almost bought from Brian "Mtnviewranch". They are pricey even at the great deal he offered. Don't know if you saw the grapple made from scratch for my wifes's tractor. I think that was the last one? My Very Own Grapples

/ Leveling my driveway #12  
3RRL said:
John, thanks for the compliment but I've not made one like that yet. I say "yet" because I almost bought from Brian "Mtnviewranch". They are pricey even at the great deal he offered. Don't know if you saw the grapple made from scratch for my wifes's tractor. I think that was the last one? My Very Own Grapples

Rob,

I read the thread on Mrs3RRL's grapples for Honey Bee and, as usual, was extremely impressed with the craftsmanship that went into the project. My compliments to your wife for a fine job. I know you have a lot of precision equipment, but that equipment is of little use without the knowledge and experience you bring to these projects. I watch American Chopper and American Hot Rod because I like to see the artistry of the metal work they do on those shows. I even watch a show on the Discovery network which details a British outfit that reconditions old Tanks for somewhat the same reason, the tank rebuilds require that they make many of the replacement parts and I like the machining process. I think you could start a show of your own, show a project from start to finish, and you would get a tremendous following beyond TBN even. I'm impressed and look forward to future projects you post here. John

/ Leveling my driveway #14  
Hey Tessiers,
Your implement looks very similar to what we call a Bionic Blade here in Louisiana. A Bionic blade has two grader blades mounted in between skids that are about 4-5' in length. These implements are great for leveling driveways and for leveling property. They will scalp off high spots and deposit into low spots as the implement rides on the skids. Once you have used one, you wonder how you ever did without one.

Mike

/ Leveling my driveway #15  
Greetings Tessiers,
apparatus looks interesting. Im needing to the same thing. used blades, scrapers, etc, nothing works well with my 1" clean gravel, 1/4 mile drive. Question, what is the front bar, made from? the rear bar has a pitch inward. what is that slope from vertical? does the gravel uniformily flow over the rear sloped blade?
Dr. relaxx.

/ Leveling my driveway #16  
drrelaxx, you probably don't realize that this is a very old thread so tessiers may not see it. To me his front blade looks like it might be a piece cut from a serrated cutting edge for a road grader. There are lots of discussion and plans for those type impliments on here. do a search on 'landplane' in the thread title to find them.

/ Leveling my driveway #17  
We had a dirt drive on the farm, 9/10 of a mile plus the circle at the house. Dad built a three blade "grader" 5 ft wide and about 6 ft long with the blades angled slightly to one side. You adjusted it so that the front blade dug in, the 2nd caught a good amount of dirt and the 3rd just a little. It would fill potholes and wash board better than anything I ever saw.:2cents: