Lever on Auxiliary Hydraulic Kit

/ Lever on Auxiliary Hydraulic Kit #11  
My new 6010 Cab had a factory installed detented remote, I ordered a second remote kit when I bought the tractor, it came in a TYM bag and was spring return. Now as it works out I have the backhoe hooked to the detented remote and my quick switch plow hooked to the other.
The dealer never asked or stated it would be one way or the other, but I am glad it worked out this way. The kit took about a half hour to install, nice quality stuff! The console has a spot for a third and the kit called out what position to install it in. A,B, or C.

/ Lever on Auxiliary Hydraulic Kit #12  
All I can say is WOW! I wish I was able to fix all my issues this easily. Loosened the outside nut, then the inside nut about a quarter turn and "wallah" I now have spring return. I loosened it even more, sprayed in some lube and retightened, making sure the lever could spring back and done. It is a tight space for two wrenches but all went well. I'm just not sure why I didn't noticed this fact when I installed it to begin with. Course I looked through the instructions and no where does it state a spring back to center style valve. I did find where it mentions to tighten the lever to allow a frictional force of 2.10lbft. Now there's some useful information. Not sure what tool you need to measure that. Maybe a fish weight scale.:) It's a shame that if I had purchased an aftermarket valve I would have known exactly what I was getting and all the specs to prove it. With OEM stuff, it's like a hope and a prayer trying to find out what your getting. :(

Last edited:
   / Lever on Auxiliary Hydraulic Kit #13  
All I can say is WOW! I wish I was able to fix all my issues this easily. Loosened the outside nut, then the inside nut about a quarter turn and "wallah" I now have spring return. I loosened it even more, sprayed in some lube and retightened, making sure the lever could spring back and done. It is a tight space for two wrenches but all went well. I'm just not sure why I didn't noticed this fact when I installed it to begin with. Course I looked through the instructions and no where does it state a spring back to center style valve. I did find where it mentions to tighten the lever to allow a frictional force of 2.10lbft. Now there's some useful information. Not sure what tool you need to measure that. Maybe a fish weight scale.:) It's a shame that if I had purchased an aftermarket valve I would have known exactly what I was getting and all the specs to prove it. With OEM stuff, it's like a hope and a prayer trying to find out what your getting. :(

What is so sad is that MOST of the dealers don't know either. :(

I am curious if this will help out in your grading? I can't imagine having to always place the control lever back to neutral. :eek:

/ Lever on Auxiliary Hydraulic Kit #14  
You know, the more I think about this the more stupid I feel. On the other hand I now have a new (1 year old ) remote valve I'm excited to try out! :) If I can tolerate the cold weather this weekend, I'll have to grade our road some.