Licoln 210 MP on 240v shorted out?

/ Licoln 210 MP on 240v shorted out? #11  
My 350mp has a diagram on the back panel showing how to reconnect it for different voltages. I fear yours could be a total loss.

/ Licoln 210 MP on 240v shorted out?
My 350mp has a diagram on the back panel showing how to reconnect it for different voltages. I fear yours could be a total loss.

The folks at the LWS told me, just yesterday, that the only thing necessary to change from 110 to 220 was to change the cord.

Lincoln is a good company. If that machine is a total loss I'm confident they will replace it.

/ Licoln 210 MP on 240v shorted out? #13  
My guess is that you either suffered the failure of the autoranging switch mode power supply or some other circuit component downstream of the input power supply. In the latter case, such a failure likely would have occurred eventually regardless of the input voltage used. If the welder is under warranty I’m sure Lincoln will take care of it.

/ Licoln 210 MP on 240v shorted out? #14  
Let us know what your LWS finds out ??

Consulted with a Master Electrician today to ensure my receptacle does not have a problem. He said "I think you got a bad welder".

I'll update this post once I hear back from the LWS.

I have not forgotten about this thread. Tomorrow will mark one week since I dropped my welder off at the LWS. I've heard nothing so far. I think I'll give them a call in the morning.

/ Licoln 210 MP on 240v shorted out? #17  
I have not forgotten about this thread. Tomorrow will mark one week since I dropped my welder off at the LWS. I've heard nothing so far. I think I'll give them a call in the morning.

I would! Often the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

/ Licoln 210 MP on 240v shorted out? #18  
And if your like me, that one week probably feels more like one month! Luckily for you your electrician gave your input power a A OK. :)

LWS said "A board was shorted out. It is a warranty repair and we are waiting on parts from Lincoln".

At least that is good news.

No idea how long it takes Lincoln to send parts. I think the MP210 is a fairly popular machine so I'd expect Lincoln to have the parts readily available.

/ Licoln 210 MP on 240v shorted out? #20  
The good news is they are not trying to deny their responsibility and put the blame on you.
The bad news is you have to wait for parts.
Ensure they plus the welder into 240 volts before it leaves their shop. Preferably with your cord.