liens

/ liens #201  
Update, after 2 years and 6k in lawyers fees, got a judgement for almost 26k. he's paying off at 500 a month. At least I'm recouping most of the loss, even if it takes 4 plus years.

/ liens #202  
Glad to hear you won - hope he keeps paying!!

/ liens #203  
Glad to hear you won - hope he keeps paying!!

yeah. I got a judgement once. they paid for 6 months, then stopped.
I wish you the best

/ liens #204  
Update, after 2 years and 6k in lawyers fees, got a judgement for almost 26k. he's paying off at 500 a month. At least I'm recouping most of the loss, even if it takes 4 plus years.

Well, that is good news.

Did you have to go to trial? Did you find out the seller's name/address to serve him? Did you have to attach his wages? Details, please.

/ liens #205  
Well, that is good news.

Did you have to go to trial? Did you find out the seller's name/address to serve him? Did you have to attach his wages? Details, please.
Lawyer did everything. No trial This guy was a real piece of work. We got a summary judgement granted on him, meaning the judge agreed we had overwhelming evi
idence against him and granted us the judgement.

/ liens #206  
Lawyer did everything. No trial This guy was a real piece of work. We got a summary judgement granted on him, meaning the judge agreed we had overwhelming evi
idence against him and granted us the judgement.

How did the court and your attorney address the pre-judgement and post-judgement interest?

TBS

/ liens #207  
I found the ucc financing statement Deere had made out. So With that being found , I'm thinking I'm pretty much sunk. Agree?

John Deere: "We are here to pick up the tractor"

You: "Sorry, someone stole it". :laughing:

/ liens #208  
Buyer buys mini excavator through a dealer (consignment machine)

Spent $34,000.00

Machine was stolen. Owner did not report it stolen until after buyer bought it.

Buyer loses machine.

Buyer out $34,000.00

After unknowingly buying stolen equipment, business owner out $3 - KMOV.com

A little more detail on this:
The equipment was sold on consignment, which means it didn't belong to the Bobcat dealer. In fact, it had passed through multiple owners on its way to Turner.

So I'm wondering if I buy a used tractor from a dealer, that the dealer took on trade in, and then find the tractor has a lien or is stolen, will the dealer be responsible for compensating the buyer?

/ liens #209  
In Canada, IF you purchase any machinery thru a dealer, you are protected. I would assume it is the same in the USA, but don,t know for sure.

/ liens #210  
We got a summary judgement granted on him, meaning the judge agreed we had overwhelming eviidence against him and granted us the judgement.

I am glad you persevered. Too many would have given up and moved on.

I imagine the perp also had to pay a lawyer? He must have pleaded poor for the judge to have agreed to only $500/mo. Attaching wages is the way to go, if that is an option. Better chance he keeps paying. My bro went thru that process.