life with a B2650

/ life with a B2650 #1  

terryknight

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5055E,Kubota B2650
Just picked up a B2650 today. Open station, FEL, SSQA, 60" bucket, Turf tires, One rear remote, quick hitch. Bought it from Burke Equipment in DE for 18600. I thought this was a pretty good deal. I was looking to replace John Deere 750 2wd, gear, no loader, no power steering, without go larger in size, I was also looking for a bit more HP.

This will be a thread for everyone to see what life with a small compact is like, or at least mine. I will post what I do with it and when I do them, both for the knowledge of the forum and it may help me remember when/how I did things.

Picked it up today around noon with .5 hrs, brought it out to the farm to pick up the rake, dad asked me rake the lane did that, then brought it home. tomorrow rake my driveway swap to the rear mount mower and then take the JD back to town. We're upto 1.3 hours now.

Need to do a couple things add hooks and 2" receiver to the bucket, receiver will require a bit of fabrication. I would like to widen the front track, don't know if I can flip the front wheels to do that or not. I will find out. The remote is kinda ugly looking, but I haven't found a way to make it better looking/protected. However it does give e nice place to lean against.

Pics to come tomorrow when it's not dark.

Last edited:
   / life with a B2650 #2  
Nice! We love pics! I think you will find it a good combination to do lots of projects. I use mine for more and more every day.

/ life with a B2650
IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

rake which was the first thing to do

IMG_1015.JPG

remote valve looks funny sticking out there

IMG_1016.JPG

/ life with a B2650
old next to the new. JD is a little shorter, both in height and length, and maybe an inch or two wider. the three point hitch arms on the JD are longer. and there is more room back there.

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

in it's new home in the garage

IMG_1022.JPG

/ life with a B2650
hooked up the woods RM59. it is tight in the back

to hook up the check chains i need to get the lower pin out you need to remove the upper pin.

IMG_1019.JPG

had to remove the shield from the PTO so the check chains wouldn't hit it. two 13mm bolts and it slid out.

IMG_1020.JPG

the check chains are interfering with the stabilizers. going to cut the grass for the last time then modify the where the chain mounts to mower deck. the mower is what will spend the most time on the back so it needs to work properly

IMG_1021.JPG

/ life with a B2650 #6  
Picked up my new B2650 at end of August with a mid-mount mower deck. Still don't have the FEL mounted, but hope the dealer will get it all together by mid November. I primarily used it for mowing the acreage. It mows really well. I haven't removed the deck yet for the winter, which has always been my norm for the last 30 years with my old Boomer. It will take a little while to make it mine. I have removed the tiny tool box and replaced it with a 50cal. Ammo box. the factory box would hold a pair of gloves, and a few small little items, not near enough space for the minimal amount of things one should carry out onto the property.

/ life with a B2650 #7  
That is the same rear remote my dealer put on my B2620......but I don't understand why they used it on your B2650? I thought the 50 series had two slots in the rear fender for two remote valves?

/ life with a B2650 #8  
Nice tractor though. I love the B series.

/ life with a B2650
Picked up my new B2650 at end of August with a mid-mount mower deck. Still don't have the FEL mounted, but hope the dealer will get it all together by mid November. I primarily used it for mowing the acreage. It mows really well. I haven't removed the deck yet for the winter, which has always been my norm for the last 30 years with my old Boomer. It will take a little while to make it mine. I have removed the tiny tool box and replaced it with a 50cal. Ammo box. the factory box would hold a pair of gloves, and a few small little items, not near enough space for the minimal amount of things one should carry out onto the property.
yeah everything is tight back there... the box works for me for now. this property is only 5 acres so the house isn't far away. but the box isn'yt big and the slow vehicle sign is in the way. that is the next thing to go.

That is the same rear remote my dealer put on my B2620......but I don't understand why they used it on your B2650? I thought the 50 series had two slots in the rear fender for two remote valves?

nope. i knew it was going to be like this still i was holding out hop it would be a little better designed.

once works slows down in early Dec the tractor will go to the shop to work on the bucket and mower. then i'm going to take the mower all apart and clean it, wirebursh/sandblast it, then paint and back together again

/ life with a B2650 #10  
Why the mower check chains on the B2650? My understanding is they are usually used to set the height of the front of the mower. The B2650 has position control for the 3 Pt lift, and a stop to control how far down the lift will go.

Set the front mower height as desired. Then loosen the stop at the bottom of the slot for the lift control lever. Move the stop up against the lift control lever. Now when you lower the mower the lift arms and front of the mower will return to the same height every time.