Lift capacity

/ Lift capacity #1  

sailorman3

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510
Just a quick question. I’m buying a Kioti CK 2610 but was going over the specs of a comparable Kubota L2501. The Kubota has a lesser lift capacity at the pivot point. Does this mean the arms can lift more than that or just the bucket can only handle that weight when it pivots? i just need clarification of what that means. Thanks all.

/ Lift capacity #2  
As the load moves forward of the pivot point it gains leverage so most offer the piviot point capacity as a "fair" "standard" measurement of FEL capacity. It's still kind of subjective just get on youtube with x tractor vs x tractor loader and you'll watch videos for days about comparisons and how close the data is to real life some better some worse. Most FELs are tied to the tractor weight, Kubota has mostly lighter end tractors so FELs are also lower capacity overall.

/ Lift capacity #3  
You want the spec that shows ahead of the pivot point if posible

/ Lift capacity #4  
Another way to compare. Get ahold of the FEL OP Manual for each tractor. They should have weight lift charts. There will be differing graphed lines for - distance ahead of the pivot pins. These charts will show how much can be lifted - to what height - when the load is X distance in front of the pivot pins.

This is a true way to determine "how much will the FEL lift".

The dealer DOES have access to the FEL OP Manuals and these charts.

/ Lift capacity #5  
If I remember correctly, the weight at pivot point with bucket fully curled back, is the maximum weight load for that loader. Neil at Messicks did a video 2 years ago, demonstrating how this is a standard industry measurement, and then tested three tractors to show the accuracy of the loader specifications. He also showed size of the loader hydraulic cylinders controlled the amount of weight that can be lifted by loader, and not Hydraulic pump GPM rating.

/ Lift capacity #6  
My CK30 is about 300KG lift weight and any more than that is enough to lift the rear wheels off the ground with ballast in the tyres. So really it doesn't matter if the capacity is more as it can't lift it safely anyway.

/ Lift capacity #7  
I have lifted the rated 2700# on my dk45, but I had to add a 1000# rear ballast box to do so.

/ Lift capacity #8  
I have lifted 3100# with my M6040. I have 1550# of RimGuard in the rear tires and a 1050# rear blade on the 3-point. How high do I lift a load like that - it's called "knuckle dragging". I'm moving a very large rock or chunk of Ponderosa pine from here to there. No gymnastics, no high lifting. You gotta set stakes to make sure I'm even moving. I'm right on the very ragged edge of rear end lift off - the VERY FEW times I've done this.

I now have log and rock weight charts. Log too close to being too heavy - cut it in half. Rock too heavy - chain it up and drag it. I get plenty of "jollies" out here. Don't need to be teeter-tottering on the front axle.

/ Lift capacity #9  
Take into account the max lift height of the loader too, because that is where the rating is normally given. The higher the loader goes, the lower the number will be. Make sure both are compared at the same height.

Kubota gets dinged a lot for lower capacity but sometimes they are rated 10+ inches higher than other brands. At the same lower height of the other brands, the Kubota capacity will increase by hundreds of pounds.

If you could see the loader curves for all the tractors, then you can generally make an even comparison.

/ Lift capacity #10  
I have lifted 3100# with my M6040. I have 1550# of RimGuard in the rear tires and a 1050# rear blade on the 3-point. How high do I lift a load like that - it's called "knuckle dragging". I'm moving a very large rock or chunk of Ponderosa pine from here to there. No gymnastics, no high lifting. You gotta set stakes to make sure I'm even moving. I'm right on the very ragged edge of rear end lift off - the VERY FEW times I've done this.

I now have log and rock weight charts. Log too close to being too heavy - cut it in half. Rock too heavy - chain it up and drag it. I get plenty of "jollies" out here. Don't need to be teeter-tottering on the front axle.
Real good point Oosik. Experience shows moving from Point A to Point B with a maximum load just 6" off the ground is the safest way to move.