3-Point Hitch Lift or Level Arm stuck

/ Lift or Level Arm stuck #1  

Ace Ford

Tractor
Branson 2810
Given that I generally call the parts of my tractor either the wrong thing (or the "old school" term) hopefully I can point to the correct thing. :confused2:

My Branson is a 2810 (tough little tractor) and what I called the levelling arm on the three point appears to be stuck as all get out. While staring stupidly at the back of the tractor, it has a small hand crank on the right hand side of the lift arm. View attachment 485933 So, before I start pounding on the crank with a "bigger hammer" I'm 100% open to suggestions. :D

Attachments

• branson.jpg
    branson.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 305
   / Lift or Level Arm stuck #2  
Ace, are you saying that you cannot turn the crank handle to adjust the arm length? Have you tried greasing it in the grease fitting? It may be that you need to take the arm off and orient it so penetrating oil can get into the gears and threads to loosen them. W. Jones

/ Lift or Level Arm stuck #3  
Agree.... take it off the tractor and place in a position where oil can move in the direction desired. I have never seen one that couldn't get "unstuck" with a little effort.

/ Lift or Level Arm stuck #4  
It's turned all the way up hard. Make sure are turning the right way. Might try tapping it with hammer while trying to unscrew CCW. Don't hit it hard, just tap.

/ Lift or Level Arm stuck
Ace, are you saying that you cannot turn the crank handle to adjust the arm length? Have you tried greasing it in the grease fitting? It may be that you need to take the arm off and orient it so penetrating oil can get into the gears and threads to loosen them. W. Jones

Correct, it is all the way down (I think) and will not turn. I've sprayed liquid wrench into everything around it I can find but I didn't see an actual grease fitting. Is there supposed to be one?

/ Lift or Level Arm stuck
Correct, it is all the way down (I think) and will not turn. I've sprayed liquid wrench into everything around it I can find but I didn't see an actual grease fitting. Is there supposed to be one?

OK, lubed it, still stuck. Bigger hammer time (ok, I'm just tapping).